Travel Insurance

pussycat

Jan 22, 2006
cheshire
Hello,

My husband has today received his medication, over 2 months since his diagnosis so I am hoping things go well. He has been given Aricept, is there a difference in the medications, is one better than the other ?

I have also been trying to get travel insurance, we have for the last few years taken out a yearly policy, in order to visit family, the policy is now due for renewal but when I declared Jeff had Alzheimers he was refused the yearly policy and was offered a single trip policy at a vastly increased rate. Our son is living in Australia and he and his wife are expecting their first child in June and I was hoping to go there as often as we can whilst Jeff is able, but that looks increasingly unlikely now. Has anyone else had a similar problem ?

Best wishes to everyone....(pussycat)

Last edited:

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Pussycat

This factsheet will tell you about the medication:

http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/factsheet/407

I'm afraid the travel insurance problem is pretty normal, it's sometimes difficult to get travel insurance at all, particularly if depression is also a factor. I don't know of any ompany that would give you an annual policy.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
One thing to check though - there is a reciprocal health agreement with Australia (unlike the USA) so you may (repeat may, and you should definitely check) be able to do a trip to Oz without health insurance.