Travel insurance

Jean1234

Mar 19, 2015
Has anyone taken out travel insurance for some one with early to moderate Alzheimer's. When I went to my usual insurance company they would give him travel insurance but the Alzheimer's was not covered. Not sure what problems would not be covered exactly. Can anyone tell me? Would I be safe to go to Spain with this insurance or should I look for one that covers Alzheimer's even though he is in the early stages. Sorry I'm rambling a bit.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I have always declared my husbands Alzheimer's, even when it was the early stages. I paid the extra for the declaration of medical conditions. I wasn't prohibitive. I have used Staysure and Flexicover but there are other companies who will provide cover. I believe Saga does.

You'll find other threads on this subject. I'll put a link on in a minute.

Edit - here's one of the threads -

http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/showthread.php?84602-Travel-Insurance

tigerqueen

Mar 11, 2014
Essex
I've also used saga and staysure. I wouldn't chance travelling without cover for alzheimer's as I'm sure in a claim situation almost everything could be attributed to alzheimer's. Enjoy your holiday.

Last edited:

angiebails

Oct 8, 2009
crewe
I have just finished doing just that. I have booked a holiday in Cape Verde and because of my husbands health and my high blood pressure I googled it and found all clear options and I have got everything covered for £100 for both of us including his dementia. He is 74 and I have declared all his existing condition.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point