Trackers

wiggy

May 18, 2009
cambs
Yesterday i took delivery of a buddi tracking system to help me locate my mum when she went out. Todat it is up and running and YES it works!!! Early days yet but it is very reasuring to know that the family can simply go on the computer enter our details and up comes a map placing where she is:). She has been at home all day:):). (well at least when i have checked up on her!!). The tracker can be used without a computer using a phone or text but a charge is made for each one, its not the cheapest thing to buy but if it is going to stop my blood pressure reaching boiling point then im happy:). Will keep you posted over the next few days to let you know if its really worth havin.

amy2512

Dec 11, 2007
Cambridgeshire
Hi Wiggy,

I for one would really appreciate you keeping us updated to how you and your Mum get on with the buddi tracker. It is something that I have considered for Mum but the cost among other concerns is holding me back. Do you mind if I ask how do you ensure your Mum is wearing hers or has it on her at all times? This is something that I am unsure of, short of gluing it to her back where she can't reach it (joke!) I've not thought of a way to ensure she always has it on her person...:cool:

Amy

xx

dancer84

Dec 24, 2009
North East Eangland
hi Wiggy
I have just invested in a watch type tracker which I got from a web site called 'followus'. I haven't got it up and running yet because I need to upgrade my phone so that I will be able to receive the internet and maps on it. Carphone Warehouse were excellent in helping me. It doesn't have to be worn as a watch as long as the person carries it somewhere.
I will keep you posted as to its success.
Dancer84

dancer84

Dec 24, 2009
North East Eangland
Hi Wiggy
I have replied to this post on the Trackers link. But in case others don't follow that link I just want to say that I have taken receipt of a watch type tracker for my husband.
I have to upgrade my phone so that it will receive the GPS signal and download location maps, but I hope to have it working next week. Will keep you posted as to its success.
Best wishes
Dancer84

wiggy

May 18, 2009
cambs
Tracker update

A quick update on the Buddi Tracker. I am really pleased with it at the moment. We have been able to keep a eye on where mum has been going (typicall woman its town shopping:)), and we have also been able to track her journey home even to the point of watching her go pass our house on the bus:D. I appreciate it is expensive but it gives me piece of mind (and boy do i need that sometimes:rolleyes:). Incidentally there is some kind of fund fron SS to help cover some of the cost, i am hoping to get half of the cost back:D