Trackers

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hullo and welcome to the forum @Jacks2 . Sorry, I am not familiar with trackers, but when my partner was heading upstairs instead of to the downstairs toilet I was given a sensor based speaker to sound a warning before she went the wrong way. That was from Social Services. They may be able to advise you on something to stop your mum wandering as part of a care needs assessment.
Otherwise, we do have members who will be around with their own experiences and knowledge.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hello @Jacks2

The sort of tracker you want depends very much on what you want it to do, when its needed, and your person with dementias abilities. If you put Tracker in the search box above you come up with quite a few threads discussing this issue. Hopefully you will find something helpful.

BTW, do check how old the posts are = technology can change quite quickly.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
@canary is so right in that last sentence. I paid £200 for a tracker which I could contact from my phone when my husband was wandering. That was five years ago and things have moved on so I wouldn’t recommend that one. The most successful is a smart phone which needn’t be the latest one if a family member had upgraded. You need one which plots where they are on a map.

The biggest difficulty is getting them to carry the tracker.

There are also simple ones for tracking down lost keys etc so the best thing is to go online and have a look on A***** at what is available. At one time social services might have supplied something but I doubt they’d do that now.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabream