1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

TP slow today, or "Is it me?"

Discussion in 'Welcome and how to use Dementia Talking Point' started by Lynne, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Lynne

Lynne Registered User

Jun 3, 2005
    Suffolk,England
    since 10 a.m. today, v-e-r-y s--l--o--w (Other interactive sites not so)

2. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    This seems to be happening a lot lately. Evenings are better usually.
    Connie

3. Michael E

Michael E Registered User

Apr 14, 2005
    Male
    Ronda Spain
    Bet it's to do with Coronation Street - the main site is probably getting more 'hits' than usual.
    Michael

4. Lila13

Lila13 Registered User

Feb 24, 2006
    Very slow this morning, and full of error messages, wonder if this one will get through.

Lila

5. Brucie

Brucie Registered User

Jan 31, 2004
    near London
    yes, slow today, giving database error messages, and also sending e-mail notifications from a day or so ago about messages posted. All out of date/time order.

methinks an MOT is in order.... ;)

6. Brucie

Brucie Registered User

Jan 31, 2004
    near London
    it is a bit bizarre and Morecambe and Wise like.

... all the right notification e-mails....not necessarily in the right order...or at the right time...

Thanks for checking it out for us.

I was going to resist the suggestion that TP may be getting agitated, but I couldn't.

7. Lynne

Lynne Registered User

Jun 3, 2005
    Suffolk,England
    :eek: There you go again Bruce, giving away our age again (those of us to whom that snatch of script means anything I mean) :)

8. Lynne

Lynne Registered User

Jun 3, 2005
    Suffolk,England
    :eek: There you go again Bruce, giving away our age (those of us to whom that snatch of script means anything I mean) :)

9. daughter

daughter Registered User

Mar 16, 2005
    Lynne, did you forget you had already sent the post "what you wrote"? :)

10. Lynne

Lynne Registered User

Jun 3, 2005
    Suffolk,England
    :rolleyes: Well, I know it looks like that (or else there's an echo :p ) but there was a l-o--n---g delay in the screen changing when I wrote it [long enough for me to go & make a cup of tea] and then it appeared twice. If you look closely, they are not quite identical - challenge of the day.

Still slow now (I don't have Broadband).