TP is wonderful for information - Jobcentre certifying POA

clareglen

Jul 9, 2013
Cumbria
Someone on TP mentioned in a thread that you can go to the local Jobcentre & they will copy & certify POA to send onto DWP. I decided to try this today & I wandered into my local JobcentrePlus & was seen right away. POA was photocopied & stamped & signed certified ready for me to post off to DWP. All free of charge & they couldn't have been nicer. 10 out of 10 for the staff there.

I also saw on here about not paying Council Tax under the Enduring Mental Illness criteria. I downloaded the form sent it to GP who rang me to tell me the date he was backdating it to & I got a large refund which will cover more than 2 wks respite for mum & now her CTax can go towards respite too. Absolutely brilliant. No other place/organisation I've been to mentioned this. 10 out of 10 for TP too!

Wolfsgirl

Oct 18, 2012
Nr Heathrow, Mum has AD & VD
In TP, I felt supported and understood. I mostly love the encouragement to be compassionate to those we all care for and about and believe this should also apply in equal measure to carers. I try to always remember this when I am posting, as I am sure do others :)

clareglen

Jul 9, 2013
Cumbria
That is interesting about council tax. Do you get 25% reduction?
I'm no expert, but if the person with Enduring Mental Illness lives alone the property becomes exempt, so no Council Tax is payable at all. I think if the person is one of two people living there then you can get the 25% single person discount applied.

clareglen

Jul 9, 2013
Cumbria
Not that nice, our JC Plus sent them off as well (1 to DWP and 1 to AA people).
Ah right. Was it you who mentioned it somewhere? Many thanks. I thought I'd seen that they posted it too, but they just handed it back to me. I was grateful for them just doing it anyway.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Classy@1951