TP Blessing

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Here's a wee Irish blessing especially for the TP, I think it applies to our living situations and the support of the friends here:

May the roof above you never fall in
And may the friends gathered beneath it never fall out.

Magic

Last edited:
C

Chesca

Dearest Magical Magic

A blessing on your soul for your very kind delivery. I'll drink to that!

May the same hold true when the aristos (my busy busy busy doncha know? siblings) the Duchess of Dorset and the Countess of Cologne make one of their royal visits to provide care and support for a few days come next Thursday evening. I'll give it until dinner and a competitiive purchase of a couple of bottles from the finest vineyard of their latest snobbery - new world, France - move over and pass me half a pint of the paint stripper (that's me, nach) - before the sediment hits the thatching!

With the good grace of your words ringing in my ears, the roofer may be in penury for a couple of months!

Cheers to your ears, me dear
Chesca

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Hope with the Royal visit, this means you will be getting a pass out for a while. And I don't mean that literally Chess.

Magic x

C

Chesca

Me Dear, I'm rehearsing as we speak! Passing out that is. Just need a little more practice.

Chess

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
I'm sure you'll carry it off to perfection!

Have tried sleeping but mum has been talking loudly in her sleep for past 2 hours. Am off to try again.

Ah the joys of caring! Sure where would you get it?

Love, Magic.

Kriss

May 20, 2004
Shropshire
This one should have been titled "midnight prayers" - sorry there were only a couple of you to join in at the time. Excellent sentiments in those words.

Amen!

C

Chesca

Dear all

Hopefully, I will have a great night tonight. But that will only be because the royal visit is scheduled for next Thursday. It does not stop me rehearsing, anyway.

Had the 'midnight minnies' last night - couldn't sleep yet again and trawled through the day's posts for some uplift. It worked: I am now a 40EE. Thanks y'all.

Love to everyone
Chesca

C

Chesca

Dear Barraf

Erm, yes! But there seems such an awful lot on my chest at times that a little extra shelving won't go amiss.

My cup overfloweth
Chesca

C

Chesca

The Chescaster Chronicles

In keeping with the spirit of Magic's Blessing, I am clinging to the hope that the roof will stay on: Under the post, Suffering, I posted this as part of a response some time last week concerning the upcoming visit of my siblings:

'They will time their separate arrivals to coincide as close as is possible, they will shop and then they will shop some more. One sister has a kitchen the size of an aircraft hangar - dad's is the size of a barbie doll house, and she will fill it according to her 747 mindset until you can't move. She won't cook much and what she does cook you wouldn't want to eat but she'll try and we'll go to the chippy on the way home! The bags, the bags! the whole house will look like the departure lounge at Heathrow during an air traffic controller strike. There will be bought all manner of luxury foods and sundries that will eventually end up in the bin or be left in the cupboard for months - anybody want to buy a tin of chestnuts, jar of olives filled with smoked salmon, the kind of things Dad always has on his shopping list!!

And then they will leave with an 'I do feel awful leaving you with all this', the 'this' being the looking-after bit, and I will say that it's OK and not to worry about it, wave them off with a two finger salute and re-enter the portal to begin clearing up the mayhem! What was I saying about unvoiced resentments?..........

Me? I can't wait!'

Well, I waited. At the airport today. So far have seen nothing that would make me alter a word of aforementioned. I left Dad's house shortly after 6.00 this evening after dropping off sister number two from the airport. Sister number one had already shopped and created the souk in the kitchen and suitably reinforced by sister number two's arrival the picture was complete. My father's solicitor was due at 6.30 for some willing business so an effort was made to clear some of the luggage, shopping bags, sewing machine (don't ask). Sister number three slung her hook at this point and she came home to TP and a nice cup of gin. Nobody has so far today been to see Mum.

Lots of love for now
Chesca

C

Chesca

Dear Magic

Have just been reading your TP Blessing again. Did you forget to include yourself in this? Hope Shrek's fixed the leaks. Think we need to send you a blessing on your house once you're dried out.......and the carpets.

Lots of love
Chesca

Last edited by a moderator:

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Gang,

Brings to mind a song by Crowded House - something like -

'I've just spent 6 months in a leaky boat
Trying hard to keep afloat.......'

Actually, that probably applies to me as well come to think of it.

Jude
xx

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Isn't it funny how it all happens at once? We also have a burst pipe in the drive, just saw Esther Williams and 2 dolphins swim past. It'll be Free Willy next.

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Actually Jude I've just sat down and howled like a banshee. Feel better for it. Needed a good wracking sob cry.

Had put frozen turkey breast in oven to cook for Sunday lunch, went to check on it and oven is not heating, that set me off.

The days are bloody tough at the moment I don't mind admitting, maybe if I could get mum out this coming week for some daycare. Being with someone and tending to their every need 24/7 can be rather difficult to put it lightly, as much as I love her.

How's things at Jude Towers? Are you finding it any easier or are you going to have a little break to recharge, you'll know yourself when it becomes absolutely necessary, am turning into the absolutely necessary road now myself and she's only been out 3 weeks.

storm

Aug 10, 2004
notts
Dear magic, Havnt you got enough water in the house without adding to it?and you could have saved the turkey and gone veggi for lunch,pull yoursef together woman youve only got a flooded house and frozen breasts i thought we were going to beat the world together. I didnt cry yesterday when i was left out in the rain waiting for this cart i just pulled myself together and ate the soggy sarnies myself.If things get any worse over there let me know and i will tether the dogs to a shopping trolley and come armed with tissues and bail you out. storm

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Dear Stormy, where on earth is this blinking cart? Haven't seen hide nor hair of it here, mind you, I can't see much through these goggles, and the snorkel is getting a little uncomfortable, fell over my flippers twice today.

Mum has her agitated head on tonight. Holy Moley! Caring! Who'd have it?

storm

Aug 10, 2004
notts
Dear magic, No wonder your mums got the agitated head on she probably wonders who that strange person is wandering round in flippers and goggles waving apair of frozen breasts round!You know whose at fault for the missing cart,its that chesca shes got yet another hangover but dont tell i told you.Do you think jude would let ollie join the trolly pull? because ive only got a cocker and a shih tzu so he might level things out? luv storm