Total Fear

Jimmyjk

Jan 10, 2019
Can anyone help? My mum is in the advanced stage. She is very very frightened, she can’t bear for anyone to leave her alone and constantly asks anyone who is with her not to leave her!!! and will repeat this constantly. Her anxiety is at a very high level and it is taking me to breaking point which I feel guilty about. I am told she is taking the maximum level of anti anxiety medication but it doesn’t seem to have any effect. Does anyone have any suggestions or have experienced this and can suggest anything

Last edited:

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
It sounds as if her medication is not right for her. I would ask for a review and emphasise how miserable you both are.

Jintyf

Jun 14, 2013
It must be so hard seeing your dear Mum in such distress. I do hope the doctors can find something to help her. Meantime wishing you strength at this time - do look after yourself.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello @Jimmyjk, welcome to the forum.

My wife suffers with extreme anxiety, as well as being depressed. She was on the max dosage of a combined depression/anxiety med but the consultant advised the GP to add an additional med for the anxiety and the dosage of that has been increased a couple of times since. That second med did leave my wife over sedated for a while but she eventually began to tolerate it better. The overall effect has been to reduce the anxiety but not remove it.

Jimmyjk

Jan 10, 2019
Hello @Jimmyjk, welcome to the forum.

My wife suffers with extreme anxiety, as well as being depressed. She was on the max dosage of a combined depression/anxiety med but the consultant advised the GP to add an additional med for the anxiety and the dosage of that has been increased a couple of times since. That second med did leave my wife over sedated for a while but she eventually began to tolerate it better. The overall effect has been to reduce the anxiety but not remove it.
Thanks I will take this up with the consultant