Total and absolute denial.

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by Champers, May 15, 2019.

1. Beth22

Beth22 New member

Nov 8, 2019
    Sorry had not finished writing. It’s so hard as me and my husband work full time with two little girls and my mum has no money of her own to pay for private help although she won’t accept anything no matter how I put it ‍♀️ It’s basically like we are awaiting something real bad to happen before the next step can be taken. I can’t even be there every day, so not hundred percent on what she is eating or not. I try to have her most Sunday for dinner and as far as I know is drinking well. If she would accept it she could get help by staying in her own home but feel like it’s going going to end up down the mental Capacity route which is not what I wanted . I do know it’s not her as would never be like this before. It’s so sad

2. Beth22

Beth22 New member

Nov 8, 2019
    Hi

Thank you for this, yes we have sorted the power of attorneys which she thankfully agreed to but this. It just seems these last 2 weeks she has taken a massive decline and under no circumstances will she take her tablets. I hold my hands up to you and have so much respect for you doing it on your own. I do have a brother, again works full time and has children, however does help where he can. But again she has turned quite nasty with him. We moved her about 5 years ago (closer to us and a bungalow) as she was in a 3 bed house before) this was before she started with the illness but obviously it’s the worst thing ever now and she blames my brother. Like you say we know it’s not her and we know it’s not her really talking but it so hard. I’m doing as you say and treating the next day as a new day, however she is extraordinarily fixated on the tablets.