Took our girls to see mum today.............

elwoodlpool

Mar 27, 2006
Derbyshire
www.myspace.com
Well all,
Were do i start? I took Harriet and Georgia to see mum today as we speak my sister is on msn with me so we walked into the home mum was in the dining area with other residents our girls walked in and her face lit up.

About two minutes into our visit mum was tring her best to lift Georgia onto her knee, She gave every bit of energy she had to do it but could'nt quite get her on. so we helped her. Then Georgia looked at mum and said"mama Gill is sad" well that creased me up as our girls are only 2 as the care staff helped mum to her room we all walked slowly to her room and even the girls walked carefully behind her.

We all sat down and Harriet and Georgia were jumping on mums bed as she looked at them she said to me "Are they they you're two ?" And as stupid as it seems i thought go on mum you're still there don't let this and excuse my language "****" beat you. As my partner Leanne and My sister went out for a cigarette the girls and i stayed with mum. The care staff had brought us tea and biscuits and to my amazement Georgia had given mum a biscuit and mum has always been fed since the illness. Time stood still for me as i watched mum pick it up and eat the biscuit.

You may read this and think why is he getting excited ? So ill tell you why i really seen GILLIAN MOORE my mum trully shine through today and its been a great pleasure its also been hard becasue all the questions start why my mum at 52 years old. My kids being robbed from their grandma. its doing me head in now as i sit her and the kids and Leanne are in bed. Also one thing that really annoys me my dad told my sister mum could no longer walk again this is fantasy as mum walked with us today, He's even brought a wheel chair upto the home for mum , And i was talking to the staff and they say she should not be in a chair at this stage as its damaging mum more her muscles could seize up. And if she can still walk leave her. But why is my dad telling us these lies ?????????

All i can say is god bless you Mum and all other families and sufferers with this
Horrific illness

Mark

Last edited:

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Hi Mark

I'm glad you enjoyed your day with your mum and the girls.

Maybe your Dad is afraid that your Mum might have a fall (if she's unsteady on her feet) and would rather play safe by her being in a wheelchair, but i would be tempted to agree with the NH and say that it weakens the muscles, so if she can walk, then encourage her to do so.

Best of luck
Alex x

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Hi Mark

Sometimes we don't really know what our relative can do and not do. Sometimes a caring visit, as you had, inspires them. Keep it up, when you can. The little girl obviously gave her a boost.

Much love

Margaret

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
The cigarette!

Oh, glad I am not the only smoker visiting the NHS, totally non-smoking now, but notice that the patients are accompanied outside the front door for a fag and nobody minds. Nanny state.

Love

Margaret

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
So pleased to hear you had a good visit Mark.

Your girls are not being robbed of their grandma if they are taken to see her. They have a poorly grandma but she can still show pleasure when they visit. they will have the memory, even if they are so young.

Did you take photos?

Cate

Jul 2, 2006
Newport, Gwent
Hi Mark

So pleased you had such a lovely visit with your family and mum.

Isn’t it amazing how accepting children are, they seem to have a ‘natural’ instinct sometimes, to give your mum the biscuit, that brought tears to my eyes.

It could well be that dad bought the wheelchair with the best intentions, but I agree, far better that mum keeps mobilising for as long as she can, which with luck, will be for a long time to come.

Love

Cate

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
we walked into the home mum was in the dining area with other residents our girls walked in and her face lit up.

I know how this feels, when we take my granddaughter into the home it brightens not only mum, but, so many residents
also. Such a warm feeling.

as the care staff helped mum to her room we all walked slowly to her room and even the girls walked carefully behind her.

Maybe, with the need for your mum to be assisted with her walking, your dad is just unintentionally reading more into this, try not to be to harsh, this would be heartbreaking for him also.

You may read this and think why is he getting excited ? So ill tell you why i really seen GILLIAN MOORE my mum trully shine through today and its been a great pleasure its also been hard becasue all the questions start why my mu at 52 years old.

So sad, for one so young to have dementia, and becoming too common these days. I do hope that you and your family can have many more days like this to enjoy. Take Care.

elwoodlpool

Mar 27, 2006
Derbyshire
www.myspace.com
I thought id share our day

heres a picture my partner Leanne took for me.
Jist wish things were different.

Mum and Family.JPG

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Mark - your girls are beautiful ....... and I sense your mum is well aware of that ....:) Investing your time with them is doing your best for their grandma as well as them ...... she'll be proud of all of you ....

Well done and thanks for sharing such a lovely tale ....

Karen, x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanpotts