Took dad to hospital. Taxi unhelpful!

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I took dad to the hospital with our regular taxi and one of the regular drivers.He was and is one of the most helpful drivers. He wheeled dad in and sat him facing the way of driving as dad gets sick the other way.
In the hospital a porter came and took him down to X-ray whilst I waited at reception.
I ordered the same taxi company on the way back.
Whilst I appreciate the Covid issue you can go overboard.This is a wheelchair taxi. I asked the taxi man could he assist dad in the wheelchair up the ramp. He said”No” so I had to wheel dad up there.Then apparently I faced him the wrong way but dad told him unl he wanted him to be sick he needed to face towards the road. Then he was faffing about the seat belt straps which strap the wheels to the floor and wanted me to do it.I declined and told him to do it(I’m not covered by his insurance ,he is)So he was going on about social distancing so I waited outside whilst he was faffing around.I had to hold on to the wheelchair as dad was not fully strapped in properly.Then arrived back at dads by which point he offered to help dad out with me as he didn’t want dad to roll back on me. I told him “Not to bother”!Then he couldn’t undo the opposite door so I had to undo the strap and then wheeled him out. It cost £2.00 more as with all the faffing he never turned off the meter! Never again am I having him!

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I took dad to the hospital with our regular taxi and one of the regular drivers.He was and is one of the most helpful drivers. He wheeled dad in and sat him facing the way of driving as dad gets sick the other way.
In the hospital a porter came and took him down to X-ray whilst I waited at reception.
I ordered the same taxi company on the way back.
Whilst I appreciate the Covid issue you can go overboard.This is a wheelchair taxi. I asked the taxi man could he assist dad in the wheelchair up the ramp. He said”No” so I had to wheel dad up there.Then apparently I faced him the wrong way but dad told him unl he wanted him to be sick he needed to face towards the road. Then he was faffing about the seat belt straps which strap the wheels to the floor and wanted me to do it.I declined and told him to do it(I’m not covered by his insurance ,he is)So he was going on about social distancing so I waited outside whilst he was faffing around.I had to hold on to the wheelchair as dad was not fully strapped in properly.Then arrived back at dads by which point he offered to help dad out with me as he didn’t want dad to roll back on me. I told him “Not to bother”!Then he couldn’t undo the opposite door so I had to undo the strap and then wheeled him out. It cost £2.00 more as with all the faffing he never turned off the meter! Never again am I having him! He was wearing a mask and had hand sanitizer.

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
That is awful TNJJ. I feel you pain. When I was a child, sometimes in a wheelchair, Mummy would push me around near the hospital in Central London. Several times black cabs would ignore her trying to hail because they didn't want to take a wheelchair. Now they have to by law, though I think some Urber drivers are less keen. Pretty rubbish behaviour for a wheelchair cab.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
If it’s your regular taxi company and they are usually good why not ring them and tell them how good you think your regular driver is and how bad the other one was...so you don’t get him again!

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
If it’s your regular taxi company and they are usually good why not ring them and tell them how good you think your regular driver is and how bad the other one was...so you don’t get him again!
I will probably do that. I will make sure that I speak to the regular receptionist as she has got to know me over 4 years.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
That is awful TNJJ. I feel you pain. When I was a child, sometimes in a wheelchair, Mummy would push me around near the hospital in Central London. Several times black cabs would ignore her trying to hail because they didn't want to take a wheelchair. Now they have to by law, though I think some Urber drivers are less keen. Pretty rubbish behaviour for a wheelchair cab.
It was upsetting and very hard work tbh.