Tomorrow will be the happiest and saddest day.

Discussion in 'I have a partner with dementia' started by kayze, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    You deserve a good cry Kayze for holding it all together when you needed to. I`m pleased it went so well for you but so sorry it had to be.

2. kayze

kayze Registered User

Jan 20, 2014
    Thank you Grannie G.

3. DeborahBlythe

DeborahBlythe Registered User

Dec 1, 2006
    I'm so glad the BBQ went well, Kayze. It must have been a strain to hold it all together. I hooe you had a good night's sleep last night.

4. CollegeGirl

CollegeGirl Registered User

Jan 19, 2011
    North East England
    So glad to hear that things went well yesterday - what a beautiful and very apt song kayze, says it all, doesn't it? No wonder everyone was crying xx

5. mabbs

mabbs Registered User

Dec 1, 2014
    Lancashire
    so sorry to hear you news, glad your special day went well, and that you will now have some special memories, make the most of the time you have left with your hubby, and be sure that you have given him a wonderful day with his family and friends, you are, have been and no doubt will continue to be strong for him. sending hugs

6. Sue J

Sue J Registered User

Dec 9, 2009
    Belated Congratulations Kayze for your 20th Anniversary. Sounds like you had a lovely day to celebrate, you did well to organise it all.

Everyone here knows with dementia you go one day at a time, which is all we're meant to really, for no one knows what tomorrow brings.
    Thinking of you and your family
    Love
    Sue:)xx

7. kayze

kayze Registered User

Jan 20, 2014
    Thanks all for your kind words.

Hi Sue J, hope you are keeping well. Yes you are right one day at a time, thanks for the congrats.

Kayze

8. Sue J

Sue J Registered User

Dec 9, 2009
    Thanks Kayze, I'm not doing too bad. It's good to see you posting. :)

9. LadyA

LadyA Registered User

Oct 19, 2009
    Ireland
    Sorry to read your post Kayze, but glad your celebration went well. And while it will be a hard time, it can also be a precious time for you to make special memories, and a time to say all the things that you might wish you had had time to say, had you not had any warning, if you know what I mean. Don't forget to take care of yourself. xx