Tomorrow is another day

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Well done Scarlett-I knew you wouldn't be beaten. :D;) I hope you're gradually feeling better.

Spring is on the way apparently, I hope our spirits will be lifted with the extra daylight and sunshine

Love

Lyn T XX

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
Pleased to hear that you have not lost your touch, despite the surgery. I hope we will be hearing progress on your musical aspirations very soon. Scarlett's Got Talent!!!

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Way hay! :) Yippee! :D Just checked online and money from £5000 bond and Life Insurance Policy have both been paid in. Time for a Bailey's. :D:D

Awesomesauce! Fink I'll celebrate wiv you next week. Just found out that ginger beer soda stream flavour is gorgeous. Gonna stock up on some next week ;)

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Had the bandage and plaster removed today, but the wires have to stay in for another month, and I must still wear the surgical boot. The nurse cleaned it all, and rebandaged it, and then said that I needed it to be cleaned and rebandaged in another 2 weeks, so I asked where that should be done.

The nurse said "I dunno". :eek: Then she turned to my friend and said "could you do it?". Fortunately my friend is a nurse, and said "yes", but this seems a very casual way of dealing with it!

I've put the ukulele lessons on hold because I couldn't practise lolling about in an armchair with my leg up, but it's on my "when I'm better" list!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I find it incredible a nurse asked your friend to re dress your leg Scarlett. Who would be responsible if infection took hold. It's a good job your friend is a nurse but even so......:eek:

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Surely your district nurses should do that job and not your friend even if she is a nurse. What would have happened if she wasn't? Glad your foot is is proving.

Sent from my GT-N5110

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Ha ha ha! My post number 67, was about the difficulties I had with getting John's £5K bond. Well, after it was paid into the bank, I wrote a veeeeery long email, which supported the veeeeeeeeeeeeery long letters I had sent, pointing out all the problems I'd had.

Today, I received a 3 page A4 response. :eek: Every single point was answered, every error was acknowledged, and the phrase "for this, we are sorry", appeared umpteen times. And as a result, they've given me £150 compensation!

Way hay!!! I didn't ask for compensation, just an apology, especially for sending a document to John, weeks after they knew he had died. So that's £150 from them, and £50 from the bank. Where's that Bailey's? ;)

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
I have to have this damned boot, plaster and bandage on till 10th April. :( It should be 3rd, but that's Good Friday, so I shall have to be a martyr for longer. But I feel fine. :)

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I have to have this damned boot, plaster and bandage on till 10th April. :( It should be 3rd, but that's Good Friday, so I shall have to be a martyr for longer. But I feel fine. :)

That's your penance for the extra £150! :-D But seeing as you have to be a bit disabled, you may as well sit there and have another baileys!