Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Get_Well_Soon.jpg

I hope all is well Scarlett

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Aren't you all lovely! Thank you so much for all your good wishes. The op went really well, and though it's uncomfortable, and awkward, with one of those surgical boots, and crutches, I haven't had any pain at all.

As I live in a bungalow, I don't have the problem of stairs, and I've made use of the bath wipes that I used to use for John. But my lovely friend, who's an ex-nurse is coming twice a week, for 6 weeks, to give me a highly comical bath.

I have the bath lift, but as it's my left foot that was operated on, I can't have a conventional bath. So I sit sideways on, then she lowers the bath lift, so that the nether-regions are immersed, (blissful!!!), with my legs hanging over the side, and then she soaps and showers me.

She has a 25 mile round trip to me, and won't take a penny, not even for petrol. However, she's going on holiday, to France, with her sisters, in April, so I shall put some Euros in a card, and she's agreed that I can treat them all "to a coffee" - it'll be a lot more than that!

So this is the rhyme that I'll write in the card:

No words can I find, to thank you, my friend
When troubles surround me, on you I depend

Your love and compassion are priceless, it's true
You're the Jewel in the Crown, and my treasure is you

You've tenderly bathed me, each nook and each cranny
My boobs and my botty and even my ...... ARMS!

So have a great time, and a break, and a rest
You're one in a million, and Simply The Best!!

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Hey, that's great, Scarlett but ARMS doesn't rhyme. Can't think what you meant to write. What a caring friend you have here (and many more I suspect) and that's a good idea with the euros. Hope your recovery continues apace. Verityxx

Sent from my GT-N5110

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Thank you truth and pony. :) I've had lots of visitors, who have kindly not stayed too long, and also had John's bedroom decorated, and I'm very pleased with it. I received the official copies of the Grant of Probate last week and they've been sent off, but there appears to be a steady stream of paperwork still arriving.

I felt quite proud of myself last week. I had a letter from the DWP, very sympathetically worded, saying that John's pension had been paid for the 2 weeks after he died, and needed to be repaid.

I telephoned, debit card in hand, and was able to have the entire conversation without "losing it" when I mentioned John's name, or "my husband died", and then, when I put the phone down, I burst into tears. But I managed the conversation. Baby steps.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Aren't you all lovely! Thank you so much for all your good wishes. The op went really well, and though it's uncomfortable, and awkward, with one of those surgical boots, and crutches, I haven't had any pain at all.

As I live in a bungalow, I don't have the problem of stairs, and I've made use of the bath wipes that I used to use for John. But my lovely friend, who's an ex-nurse is coming twice a week, for 6 weeks, to give me a highly comical bath.

I have the bath lift, but as it's my left foot that was operated on, I can't have a conventional bath. So I sit sideways on, then she lowers the bath lift, so that the nether-regions are immersed, (blissful!!!), with my legs hanging over the side, and then she soaps and showers me.

She has a 25 mile round trip to me, and won't take a penny, not even for petrol. However, she's going on holiday, to France, with her sisters, in April, so I shall put some Euros in a card, and she's agreed that I can treat them all "to a coffee" - it'll be a lot more than that!

So this is the rhyme that I'll write in the card:

No words can I find, to thank you, my friend
When troubles surround me, on you I depend

Your love and compassion are priceless, it's true
You're the Jewel in the Crown, and my treasure is you

You've tenderly bathed me, each nook and each cranny
My boobs and my botty and even my ...... ARMS!

So have a great time, and a break, and a rest
You're one in a million, and Simply The Best!!

LOL, love it. You're a true poet. So glad the op went well. Take it easy for now!

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Well done on all fronts Scarlett.

You know something? You could probably make a decent living writing your poems for Greetings Cards - and if you are "crafty", you could design your own line of cards.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Well done on all fronts Scarlett.

You know something? You could probably make a decent living writing your poems for Greetings Cards - and if you are "crafty", you could design your own line of cards.

Well, so far, it's been suggested I launch the following companies:

Eulogies R Us
Probates R Us
Arguing the toss with Social Services R Us

Don't know if I could manage another one!

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
Well, so far, it's been suggested I launch the following companies:

Eulogies R Us
Probates R Us
Arguing the toss with Social Services R Us

Don't know if I could manage another one!

So pleased you are back Scarlett and all is going well. I hope you don't mind but I've coined a phrase Scarlettism. I apply it universally to guide my approach to ensuring that Maureen and I get the support we need and deserve. Lovely to know that you are back with us. I have missed your sound advice and support. G L