Tomorrow is another day

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
I had a lovely apologetic email from my new best friend, Bob at CAB, who said he was so excited when he read my first few sentences, that he couldn't wait to read the rest! I'd put:

I am a retired Business Studies Teacher, both in Secondary and Tertiary Education and have also taught Life Skills, on a voluntary basis. For the past 12 years I have cared for my late husband, who had Alzheimer's, as well as several other illnesses. I have helped many friends and neighbours with form completion, ranging from Attendance Allowance applications to Probate.

And then I'd explained about my foot op, and not being available until the end of March. I should have added:

I am an active member of Talking Point, a brilliant forum, where carers of family members with Dementia, are able to share the highs and lows of their lives, and seek advice and support from others.

As well as ensuring that others get fat, and drunk, on cyber cake and wine, I have found my particular forte is advising others on how to deal with the cement-reinforced brick walls, that are constantly erected, with lightning speed, whenever they seek help from The Authorities.
;)

Always good to read a post from someone who says it as it is. I accept that professional staff might be busy people. But I always remember a lecturer of mine saying: 'are they busy or working hard?' I have never forgotten his words of wisdom. I think it is probable that professional staff are so busy managing budgets that carers do not often get a fair share of the cake. I am also certain they are not on duty 24/7 with inadequate respite and no prospect of a holiday.

NanLorac

May 14, 2012
Scotland
I think they will be welcoming you to CAB with open arms Scarlett. My SIL stopped working last year and has just volunteered to help out at a food bank.

Hope all goes well with your foot operation and you are mobile again soon.:)

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Glad to hear you had a call from CAB. They obviously realised they were in danger of losing you and you should definitely have put TP advisor on your application. They just can't afford not to take you on board, particularly if they are going to benefit from real live choc cake

Sent from my GT-N5110

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Glad to hear you had a call from CAB. They obviously realised they were in danger of losing you and you should definitely have put TP advisor on your application. They just can't afford not to take you on board, particularly if they are going to benefit from real live choc cake

Sent from my GT-N5110

Now my real live choc cake is entirely different to cyber cake. ;) I add generous amounts of rum. :D

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
I am not sure the Authorities can afford you at CAB Scarlett. I'm sure once CAB have taken you on board we will be hearing stories of the increase in benefit take up and other entitlements in your neck of the woods.

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Thinking of you scarlett, hope all goes well tomorrow, still don't know what foot op you are having☺

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
All the very best for operation, Scarlett. With your personality, you should find hospital as good as I did with other friendly patients. You'll make some new friends whilst you're there.

Will you be waited on hand and foot? (Oops! My bad!)

Good luck, mate :D

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Thinking of you and will be doing so tomorrow, bestest wishes for a successful operation and speedy recovery.

Loo x