Tomorrow is another day

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
As my namesake, Miss O'Hara said, at the end of Gone With The Wind. :) With over 40 pages in reply to my thread "Goodbye my love, John died today", and that was started 7 weeks ago tomorrow, I feel the time has come for me to move on.

I'm not going!!! :eek::eek::eek: Goodness, can you imagine me trying to shut up! ;) It's just I want to be associated with a different heading now. I'm no longer someone who fulfils the criteria "I have a partner with dementia", but I hope I can still be of help to others.

If anyone ever has a problem that they don't want to post about, I'll always respond to PMs, whether I can offer advice, or only sympathy. As I've mentioned before, once I've had my foot op next week, and the required 4 - 6 weeks of recovery, I'm volunteering at the Citizens Advice Bureau, for help with form filling, or assistance with helping carers.

Mind you, it's now about 4 months since I completed that mammoth questionnaire for my LA, offering my services, and still haven't received the courtesy of a reply, and CAB might be the same. But I can offer. :)

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Please stay with me Scarlett. I benefit so much from your wise counselling and would miss your prose enormously. Will you be continuing this thread? I vounteered as an IT advisor for Age Concern and it took 3 months for them to contact me to say all was in place even though the ex CR check, can't remember what it's replacement is called, took no time at all. Will be thinking of you at your op time and hoping all is well. Loving thoughts. Verity xx:)

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Nice to see you starting a new thread Scarlett.
I think we all eventually realise that we need to do it but your's sounds far more positive than mine!
I hope you'll be here for a long time. x

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Scarlett, you are an incredibly articulate person and you will be a total asset to the CAB, just as you are an asset here, so don't you go anywhere please!

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Scarlett; firstly, wishing you every best thing with the foot operation. Secondly; you're one of our family, and families stick together gal! You have all the rest you need, ya hear? But come and say 'allo' sometimes, or we'd all miss you.

Much love, xx

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Fantastic to have the reassurance that you'll continue to be around Scarlett. Realise that it's still a terribly difficult time for you, so do appreciate that you are so willing to help others with your invaluable wisdom and experience. Hope your op goes well and the results are what you hope for. I think you'll be fab at the CAB. Love Es
xxx

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Dear Scarlett over the past 30yrs l have had 4 operations on my feet, bunions and 4 hammer toes, l have broken one ankle, and 2 bones in each feet. I don't know what surgery you are having, l hope all goes well, you must keep your feet up as much as possible after your operation, as the less weight you put on your feet the quicker they get better. Please stay with us here on TP, we all need you so much, thank you for all your help and advice. ♡♡♡

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Good to see the new thread and hope op goes well too. x

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
I contacted the local CAB, who are advertising for volunteers. I completed the online form, giving details of my experience, and also stating that I would be having a foot operation next week, but hope to be mobile, and available for work, if required, by the end of March.

So I received an email reply this morning, inviting me for an interview - next week. :D I telephoned, and repeated what I'd said on the form, and the reply was ....... "Oh, I didn't bother to read that"!!!!! Happy Days! :)

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I contacted the local CAB, who are advertising for volunteers. I completed the online form, giving details of my experience, and also stating that I would be having a foot operation next week, but hope to be mobile, and available for work, if required, by the end of March.

So I received an email reply this morning, inviting me for an interview - next week. :D I telephoned, and repeated what I'd said on the form, and the reply was ....... "Oh, I didn't bother to read that"!!!!! Happy Days! :)

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

pony-mad

May 23, 2014
Mid-Wales
Hello Scarlett, All that effort filling in the application and they hadn't bothered reading it or they read the 1st 2 lines and decided that you are perfect which I'm sure you are having read many of your wise and sensitive posts on here!
All the best with the foot op.
Love G x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

mabbs

Dec 1, 2014
Lancashire
hello Scarlett, not been on for a few days, just read your post, hope all goes well, both with op, and CAB, glad to hear you are staying with us, we would be lost without you.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
hello Scarlett, not been on for a few days, just read your post, hope all goes well, both with op, and CAB, glad to hear you are staying with us, we would be lost without you.

Having considered the reply from the CAB, I'm getting that awful feeling of deja vu. I think I'll just reapply when I'm mobile. In the meantime I am available on here for cyber wine, cake, choccies and flowers and odes when required. :D

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Hi Scarlett. Might able to reciprocate by sending you flowers, choccies, etc, to wish you well for your op, but rely on you for the odes. Hope you gave a peaceful day. xx

Sent from my GT-N5110

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
I had a lovely apologetic email from my new best friend, Bob at CAB, who said he was so excited when he read my first few sentences, that he couldn't wait to read the rest! I'd put:

I am a retired Business Studies Teacher, both in Secondary and Tertiary Education and have also taught Life Skills, on a voluntary basis. For the past 12 years I have cared for my late husband, who had Alzheimer's, as well as several other illnesses. I have helped many friends and neighbours with form completion, ranging from Attendance Allowance applications to Probate.

And then I'd explained about my foot op, and not being available until the end of March. I should have added:

I am an active member of Talking Point, a brilliant forum, where carers of family members with Dementia, are able to share the highs and lows of their lives, and seek advice and support from others.

As well as ensuring that others get fat, and drunk, on cyber cake and wine, I have found my particular forte is advising others on how to deal with the cement-reinforced brick walls, that are constantly erected, with lightning speed, whenever they seek help from The Authorities.
;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArthurPOA