toilet trouble!!!!

cheeky1

Apr 3, 2013
scotland
Dad has started using the kitchen bin too pee in we moved the bin and kept the kitchen door closed and that seemed to help however the carer text me yesterday to let me know he had used the kitchen floor for a number 2!!!! Today I went in and one of the armchairs had poo all over the cushion.He lives alone has carers 4 times a day but is in late stages of az.I really wanted to keep him at home but this is frustrating me cpn says to try a commode but I'm not sure.He forgets where the bathroom is we have notices up but to no avail. Any ideas???

Winnie10

Feb 25, 2013
Tena lady do products for men, also Boots do products which are unisex. Your Dad may have forgot where the bathroom is. Also the urge to go may come on suddenly and he can't get "there" quick enough. Both Boots and Tena make disposable bed squares (like hospitals have) which can be used on chairs. I have found Boots products cheapest at the moment. You can buy from Boots on line.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
I would have suggested a lockable kitchen door but that's not feasible if he lives on his own. OH had a phase where only a glass or mug in the kitchen would do for a pee. I had to barricade the door at night!

In your case, as sad as it sounds, for someone living alone in end stages the only feasible solution is a care home where people who are trained in this sort of thing can give him the care and companionship he needs. That is no reflection on yourself, but something that simply has to be considered at some point.

AlsoConfused

Sep 17, 2010
I suppose your Dad's health has been checked to see whether he has an infection that might make him more confused at present?

I don't see there's any other option than residential care for someone who's permanently forgotten "where to go".

opaline

Nov 13, 2014
I also think it's time for a care home but meanwhile my Mum gets incontinence aids (pads for bed, etc) free via her GP service

skaface

Jul 18, 2011
Ramsgate
Both Boots and Tena make disposable bed squares (like hospitals have) which can be used on chairs. I have found Boots products cheapest at the moment. You can buy from Boots on line.

Thanks for suggesting this - I've noticed that my mum has had an accident on her toilet mat, which she subsquently turned over to hide and I suspect she had an accident in the night.

She did have a couple of suspicious stains on her chairs, which I don't think were faecal but rather chocolate ice cream, which I have clened up but if she should have an accident I can put these down for her.

Lilac Blossom

Oct 6, 2014
Scotland
OH sometimes does not get the message in time to make it to the toilet so those disposable bed square seem a good idea - thanks for the suggestion.

Hope Cheeky1finds this helpful.

cheeky1

Apr 3, 2013
scotland
thanks all I do regretfully know nh is looming I just never wanted to but Dads needs come first.Keep hoping this will pass.
to go out on a laugh
i went in the other week and hes says 'thank f..k its you' me 'whats wrong? dad 'My knees!! Me 'did you fall? dad no Ive been shot they (pointing at the window) f;;kin germans shot me @@@@@@@@@@ :eek:

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Personally i'd be inclined to put the bin back and accept that he's going to pee in it- at least its contained. He might then also use it for no2's and much as it isn't wonderful, its better than using the floor.
Again, i'd not keep him out of the kitchen- kitchen floors are prob the easiest to clean.

Its so difficult

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976