Toilet swings

Billy's Girl

Oct 8, 2013
West Yorkshire
My husband wanted to go to the toilet today and not do it in his pants as suggested. He obviously feels the urge and begs me to take him in there. This has been happening in the home all year he is immobile but sits up in a chair. I'm told he needs a toilet swing which they haven't got I'm thinking of getting one for him myself as it takes away his dignity defacating in his pants. I think this is the easy option to just change him but it had me in tears trying to explain to him. Any ideas anyone?

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
There are mechanically devices available, I see one get used quite often, normally it's just used as a lifting device but it can be used to lift from a chair (sitting sort) onto a seat (with a hole) that can be used as an over the toilet seat or a commode.
That said it does seem to phase people when something off Robotwars comes at you, that alone is enough to make you "poo" yourself.
if he can sit in a chair, can't he sit in a commode or can't the staff be botheredI
K

Billy's Girl

Oct 8, 2013
West Yorkshire
Nail on the head

There are mechanically devices available, I see one get used quite often, normally it's just used as a lifting device but it can be used to lift from a chair (sitting sort) onto a seat (with a hole) that can be used as an over the toilet seat or a commode.
That said it does seem to phase people when something off Robotwars comes at you, that alone is enough to make you "poo" yourself.
if he can sit in a chair, can't he sit in a commode or can't the staff be botheredI
K

True. I think it is too much trouble and easier the way it is for them

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
Are you saying the home tells him to do it in his pants? This is abusive. It is completely unacceptable and should be reported both to safeguarding at adult care services and the CQC. It is completely not ok. You need to speak to the Manager and tell her/him so - I've seen a lady crying because she had been told to this - sorted that out pretty dam fast. I can't believe it is still happening in homes - it strips people of their dignity in the lowest way possible
Please please please do not accept and complain

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Are you saying the home tells him to do it in his pants? This is abusive. It is completely unacceptable and should be reported both to safeguarding at adult care services and the CQC. It is completely not ok. You need to speak to the Manager and tell her/him so - I've seen a lady crying because she had been told to this - sorted that out pretty dam fast. I can't believe it is still happening in homes - it strips people of their dignity in the lowest way possible
Please please please do not accept and complain

Ditto.:eek: