Toilet problems

Magnetic

Apr 18, 2016
Any helpful suggestions? My husband pees on carpet. He is not incontinent but when gets the urge he just goes.? He resists me when I suggest a visit to toilet.It seems to stress him and he forgets how to
sit or if he does his penis is not tucked in. I have tried placing a bucket in bedroom and occasionally he will use that. I'm on edge until he goes as not knowing where it will happen. Also he is beginning to have problems with bowel motions and if he gets a bit constipated he gets shaky and again won't suit on
loo. The other day he did it in his pants and didn't seem perturbed.Sorry just seen that this section is supposed to be covid related

Last edited:

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Hi @Magnetic . I know others have had problems with people peeing inappropriately and the consensus of opinion is that there is no easy solution unfortunately apart from following with a bucket. Sorry I’m sure this isn’t what you want to hear..

To me this sounds like incontinence is not far away, which in some ways will probably be easier to manage. Have you considered using pull-ups for his bowel movements? It would make cleaning him up easier.

My dad didn’t deliberately pee in the wrong place but he would walk along dribbling and refused to wear pull-ups as he didn’t believe he had a problem. I bought an electric carpet washer which made cleaning up after him easier and helped to keep the odour at bay. It’s a relentlessly frustrating phase and exhausting...I feel for you.

Magnetic

Apr 18, 2016
Hi @Magnetic . I know others have had problems with people peeing inappropriately and the consensus of opinion is that there is no easy solution unfortunately apart from following with a bucket. Sorry I’m sure this isn’t what you want to hear..

To me this sounds like incontinence is not far away, which in some ways will probably be easier to manage. Have you considered using pull-ups for his bowel movements? It would make cleaning him up easier.

My dad didn’t deliberately pee in the wrong place but he would walk along dribbling and refused to wear pull-ups as he didn’t believe he had a problem. I bought an electric carpet washer which made cleaning up after him easier and helped to keep the odour at bay. It’s a relentlessly frustrating phase and exhausting...I feel for you.
Thanks for your reply