Todays youth - my version

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Just wanted to share this with you:

Today my 17 year old grandson (partially sighted and ‘special needs’) travelled 50 miles by train to visit Lionel, along with me, for lunch. He was so lovely, and spoke to everyone who addressed him when we lunched in the dementia unit.

He commented on the ‘lovely atmosphere’ [prevailing at Orwell House). He has previously visited Lionel elsewhere. I was so,so proud of him. He will be going to see Lionel on Christmas eve, along with his parents and siblings. We should all be so proud of our youth of today.

N.B. Some years ago, when my grandson was in the ‘cubs’, he had to introduce us to his skipper. “Skip, this is my Nan, and this is……a Lionel”. Thus Lionel is defined to this day.

daughter

Mar 16, 2005
Hi Connie,
Really good to read your thread, what a nice young man, obviously a credit to his family.
I agree 100% and I love the idea of "a Lionel"!

Love from

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Connie,
Having had a nan like you, I am not surprised that your grandson sounds such a fine young man.
Love Helen

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
Todays Youth

Hi Connie,
That was a really nice story. You must very proud to think that someone close to you can have such a lot of respect like that. Its very rare but I have met some pleasent and caring young people lately and that makes up for thoughs people who are the opposite. It gives some pleasure to think that not all young people are self centred and uncaring.
Well done to you and your family.

Best Wishes

kenc

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
I agree.....it is very heartwarming.......i like to think my kids(18, 15,11) are like that......they're certainly a tower of strength to me...........even if the 18 year old smashed my car in October:rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanetR