Today we say goodbye

2197alexandra

Oct 28, 2013
Sileby
Today we are burying dad's ashes with my mum. Today is her twelfth anniversary. Its going to be a tough day. mum is laid to rest in a beautiful natural burial ground and it will be lovely that they are now going to be together again. No big crowds today just the children and a couple of grandchildren then on to the pub for a spot of lunch after.

I miss him so much. X

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Alexandra that sounds just perfect. Just the family there-your Mum and Dad's lifeblood. No crowds, just Nature which I hope brings you some peace.

Love

Lyn T XX

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
That does sound like it's just the right thing to do, and it will bring you comfort to think of them together again. x

I miss my mum too - hugs to you x

2197alexandra

Oct 28, 2013
Sileby
Well the sun came out and shone in all its glory for us. It was a lovely personal goodbye. We gave mum and dad a drink and we all took it in turns to refill the grave.

My little girl who ended up sharing her birthday with the day dad passed volunteered to place dads ashes in the grave which I thought was very brave of her. They were a little heavy for her to hold so I helped her lower them.

We said the Lords prayer and then scattered 30,000 natural poppy seeds all along the grass verges approaching the burial ground so in years to come hopefully there will be a sea of poppies to brighten the entrance.

Lovely meal at the village pub and now I'm cosying up on the settee, shutting out the cold and watching a film with the kids.

Oh and we've lit a candle at the base of grandads big photo in the living room.

I've also kept some of his ashes which I am going to get made into a ashes to glasses keepsake necklace. So I can have him near me at all times. x

VickyG

Feb 6, 2013
Birmingham
How beautiful, and what a lovely idea to sprinkle the poppy seeds x

I'm about to start arranging for the spreading of Mum's ashes, Mum's wishes were to be scattered amongst the bluebells at the cemetery where she requested. Her birthday is early April, so will coincide with the bluebells appearing x

Take care xx

Trisha4

Jan 16, 2014
Yorkshire
What a lovely idea the poppy seeds are. It sounds as if you had a happy life with your parents so probably lots of happy memories. It also sounds as if you have a lovely family so you are surrounded by love.
I am sorry for your loss. Many people will envy you your memories and your love.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976