1. cookiedough

cookiedough Registered User

Jun 14, 2007
    Somerset
    :( My Nan finally slipped into an eternal sleep today aged 83, suffering for 10 years. Its been a long two weeks when we decided it was time to stop the nursing home feeding her as the food was going into her lungs and there was nothing else they could do.

I feel relief in a way but obviously still shocked.

2. DeborahBlythe

DeborahBlythe Registered User

Dec 1, 2006
    Dear Cookiedough, I'm very sorry to hear about your nan. After ten years of suffering and ten years of caring , you and your family must feel understandably numb. Much sympathy to you all, and sincere condolences. Love Deborah

3. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Dear Cookiedough,

Please accept my deepest sympathy on the death of your nan. Ten years is long enough to suffer. Her suffering is over.

Take care.

4. alex

alex Registered User

Apr 10, 2006
    Hi Cookiedough

Sorry to hear of your sad loss, i hope you can gain some comfort from the fact that she is now at peace.

Love Alex x

5. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Hi Cookiedough

So sorry to hear of the death of your nan.

I'm not surprised you're feeling shocked -- no matter how long you have been expecting it, death always leaves a sense of shock and numbness.

You and your family have cared for your nan for ten years, and given her all you could. Her suffering is now over and she is at peace.

Bless you all.

Love,

6. Cate

Cate Registered User

Jul 2, 2006
    Newport, Gwent
    Hi Cookiedough

My deepest sympathy to you and your family, Nan's fight is over, she is at peace, do try to take some small comfort from this.

Love

Cate xxx

7. Amy

Amy Registered User

Jan 4, 2006
    Hiya Cookiedough,
    So sorry about your nan - but understand the relief in nolonger seeing her 'lost' - she is whole again now. Take time to grieve.
    Love Helen

8. Nell

Nell Registered User

Aug 9, 2005
    Australia
    Such a mixture of feelings at these times - sadness for your loss - glad for her that she is released from her burdens - relief that the long fight is finally over and many more feelings, thoughts, emotions . . . . .
    My deepest sympathy to you and your family.
    When you are able, take time to recover your own self.

9. maria29al

maria29al Registered User

Mar 15, 2006
    Warwickshire
    THINKING OF YOU AT THIS SAD TIME.

Hugs

M
    x

10. cookiedough

cookiedough Registered User

Jun 14, 2007
    Somerset
    thank you all for your kind comments, such a horrible disease. But we all feel comfort that she can now rest peacefully. Yet anger that such a wonderful woman had to suffer for so long

11. asaltydog

asaltydog Registered User

Jun 22, 2005
    N Wales
    Dear C

Very sad news

And if there is a heaven she will be there

D