Today was the day

cookiedough

Jun 14, 2007
Somerset
:( My Nan finally slipped into an eternal sleep today aged 83, suffering for 10 years. Its been a long two weeks when we decided it was time to stop the nursing home feeding her as the food was going into her lungs and there was nothing else they could do.

I feel relief in a way but obviously still shocked.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Cookiedough, I'm very sorry to hear about your nan. After ten years of suffering and ten years of caring , you and your family must feel understandably numb. Much sympathy to you all, and sincere condolences. Love Deborah

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Cookiedough,

Please accept my deepest sympathy on the death of your nan. Ten years is long enough to suffer. Her suffering is over.

Take care.

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Hi Cookiedough

Sorry to hear of your sad loss, i hope you can gain some comfort from the fact that she is now at peace.

Love Alex x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Cookiedough

So sorry to hear of the death of your nan.

I'm not surprised you're feeling shocked -- no matter how long you have been expecting it, death always leaves a sense of shock and numbness.

You and your family have cared for your nan for ten years, and given her all you could. Her suffering is now over and she is at peace.

Bless you all.

Love,

Cate

Jul 2, 2006
Newport, Gwent
Hi Cookiedough

My deepest sympathy to you and your family, Nan's fight is over, she is at peace, do try to take some small comfort from this.

Love

Cate xxx

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Cookiedough,
So sorry about your nan - but understand the relief in nolonger seeing her 'lost' - she is whole again now. Take time to grieve.
Love Helen

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Such a mixture of feelings at these times - sadness for your loss - glad for her that she is released from her burdens - relief that the long fight is finally over and many more feelings, thoughts, emotions . . . . .
My deepest sympathy to you and your family.
When you are able, take time to recover your own self.

cookiedough

Jun 14, 2007
Somerset
thank you all for your kind comments, such a horrible disease. But we all feel comfort that she can now rest peacefully. Yet anger that such a wonderful woman had to suffer for so long

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JL513