Today I am angry

jackie1

Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire
Dear Dee and Beverley,

I am sorry that you are both having such a bad time at the moment and I really hope that the worst passes soon.

Personally I think we all have a right to be angry, this awful disease has taken so much from our loved ones and us. And to get any kind of help whether it be financial or practical is an up hill battle.

I also think that no matter what we do or how hard we try the guilt is always there. I also agree with earlier comments that no ones situation is any better or worse than anothers, its just different. We all care and we all worry.

Take care of you and yours.

Jackie
xx

BeverleyY

Jan 29, 2008
Ashford, Kent
to get any kind of help whether it be financial or practical is an up hill battle.

Exactly..!

And, I am finding this part even more frustrating than my Dad's illness. I mean, he can't help his illness, but surely this country can do something about the useless levels of assistance.

They offer you half a day a week at day care, but it was full of people at a much different stage in this illness than he is.

Maybe at this moment, his day care is more for me than him - if that makes sense? I mean, he is not a risk to himself or others but my heart breaks at the thought of him in a state of confusion if I am not here.

There just seems to be no provision for suitable day care for people in this phase where they are still physically able etc. To the outside world, he is still totally 'normal'. All the day care I have found (and it's not much) is full of people he says are old or crazy or both! He needs company and stimulation, and I think there should be much more organised grouping of facilties with people at different stages.

But... I guess, that is just a fantasy requirement isn't it. The reality is, we live here with lousy Social Services.

I am thinking, I have more chance of getting Dad into an overcrowded prison than a suitable day care place!:rolleyes:

Beverley x

jackie1

Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire
Hi there,
There is no Day Care whatsoever round here. But I have been able to access "Family Based Care" (have to pay in full mind you as the financial assessment takes no account of the fact that John has to support two children and a very expensive wife :D) But it means that I can still continue to work part-time (which keeps me sane, I think :eek:).

We have a lovely man (husband of the boys dinner lady) who comes in two mornings a week they go for walks, into town etc. Which is fantastic and which John really enjoys.
Jackie

Grommit

Apr 26, 2006
Doncaster
Over the last week
my watch strap broke:
the dog has developed some sort yukky thing round his nether regions:
I managed to turn some meatballs I spent ages making into intercontinental ballistic armour penetrating missiles:
one leg has fallen off my keyboard and I am typing uphill:
two of the fronds of my pampas grass have blown down in the gales and i spent ages planting the thing:
and i cannot remember the rules for using colons and semicolons.

Still, it's being so cheerful that keeps me going.

If you are opening bottles over there, can I bring my glass round please?

Perhaps we can have a CAN (Communal Angry Night).

I could bring my well worn baseball bat and effigies of Social Workers.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Oh Grommit, angry or not, you still have your sense of humour.

I love you, with or without your semi-colon!:D

Love,

jackie1

Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire
:) I'm now off to my book club to pretend that I have a brain (the other ladies are well endowed in the brain department!) So will not be able to share a glass until I get back, but trust me I will be partaking then.
Children and husband settled so fingers crossed that I don't get a phone call requiring my presence before the end of the evening.

BeverleyY

Jan 29, 2008
Ashford, Kent
Oh Grommit, angry or not, you still have your sense of humour.

I love you, with or without your semi-colon!:D

Love,

I don't know about his semi-colon... but I think his own colon might need some help if he actually ate those meatballs he cremated!

;)

Beverley x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lesley&john