Today couldn't get any worse

angelict

Jan 16, 2020
So my Mam's sat in her bedroom this evening as she's just come out with I'm so upset I think you're all trying to kill me. Well I actually went to give her a drink I've left her with a dvd player I've put Gone with the Wind on she's quiet now but she's been shadowing me all day don't know if it's the heat playing havoc but I know I've already lost her I don't even have tears to cry tonight I'm so tired and I just keep going I leave her pads in the bathroom to spare her some dignity but she really needs to be reassessed by the Dementia Team I'm waiting to hear from them the Doctor told me last week but he's not elaborating on it which is so hard to deal with.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @angelict

I'm waiting to hear from them the Doctor told me last week but he's not elaborating on it which is so hard to deal with.

Keep phoning them if you can get the number, or your doctor if not. Remind them you are there and are desperate for some help.

They are so oversubscribed they will be attending to emergencies and they might see you as in need, but managing and may just need a gentle reminder where you are.

Beth24

Oct 6, 2019
Dont give up sometimes they may have a UTI which results in this type of comment/behaviour. My Mum said the same to me once then after a course of antibiotics was back to her old self again

PMM1485

Dec 16, 2018
Definitely get her checked for a UTI. My mum changed virtually overnight and would bang on the window telling neighbours I was trying to kill her. She got much better with antibiotics. Our local hospital also have a senior mental health emergency unit so you might see if there is something similar where you live. Good luck.

angelict

Jan 16, 2020
I did call the surgery last week about a UTI they prescribed pills however the test came back clear two days later which was Sunday if I hadn't contacted them at 5 pm last night which was Tuesday we would have been none the wiser and I would of been giving her a 100mg pill with her dinner fortunately I was able to speak to our local pharmacist she ended up ringing the doctors for me at the moment we are waiting blood test results as my Mam had them done on Monday at the surgery so the nightmare continues