To visit or not ....

Blue Joni

Mar 17, 2020
I am new to this forum,so forgive me if I am posting in the wrong place.My Mum in law is in a care home.She is frail and any illness at all is likely be devastating. With that in mind we want to visit and spend time with her as much as we can. We want to be responsible too.The care home are doing everything they can in terms of the virus and protecting the residents,staff and visitors. These may be the last weeks or months of her life,then again she surprises us all the time with her ability to bounce back.I suppose my thoughts are is it more important to visit her and be present with her now. She gets an enormous amount from the visits ,she feels loved and it really seems to root her back to her personality and sense of belonging and being loved and wanted. We are weighing up what to do,should we visits her less,or as usual.
We are both over 60, and in reasonable good health.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello and welcome @Blue Joni.

I suppose the best thing to do is follow Government guidelines and any rules introduced by the Care Home.

A few Threads are already discussing the virus situation and maybe you could take a look at them to give yourself some ideas.

I wish you and yours all the best at this difficult time.

Sirena

Feb 27, 2018
In your situation I would see it as important to keep visiting. If the CH no longer deems it safe to do so, they will stop allowing visitors, so at that point you will not have the choice. My mother's CH stopped visitors last Friday.