To tell or not to tell

jenniferjean

Apr 2, 2016
Basingstoke, Hampshire
Oh has to visit the hospital every three months to check on an aneurysm in his stomach. Tomorrow is one such visit. He hasn't mentioned going to the hospital since his last visit. Then on Monday I mentioned that we were going on Wednesday. Since then he hasn't stopped asking me about when he is going. About twice an hour yesterday and today he asks me what day are we going and what time, and how are we getting there. I just wanted to prepare him for the visit but wonder if I should have just waited until Wednesday morning. He isn't worried about going, it's just the same with other trips out. Constant checking about times.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
I think you'll find that most people wait until they are ready to go to an appointment and then give the details. I certainly do, not because he asks constantly, but because he can't remember anything I tell him.

malomm

Mar 23, 2014
Campania Region, Italy
To tell or not to tell.

No point in telling anything in advance with Mrs m, wherever we have to go. I just get her in the car, and only then will she ask, or be told.
Keep smiling,
Malomm

hillymilly

Nov 29, 2012
Paignton
Oh has to visit the hospital every three months to check on an aneurysm in his stomach. Tomorrow is one such visit. He hasn't mentioned going to the hospital since his last visit. Then on Monday I mentioned that we were going on Wednesday. Since then he hasn't stopped asking me about when he is going. About twice an hour yesterday and today he asks me what day are we going and what time, and how are we getting there. I just wanted to prepare him for the visit but wonder if I should have just waited until Wednesday morning. He isn't worried about going, it's just the same with other trips out. Constant checking about times.

I have learnt that I shouldn't tell my mum anything in advance, otherwise she will fret and obsess about it. It's much easier, as others have said, to wait until you're on your way there.