Tiredness

shelagh

Sep 28, 2009
Staffordshire
Does anyone else have experience of terrible tiredness. I have never slept well and have always read or listened to music or audio books until the early hours and I still do this. But I find I can then sleep until 2 in the afternoon and then maybe go back to bed and sleep from about 4 until 8. I think I once read that people with dementia turn the days and nights round but this doesn't feel like that it is the most tired I have ever been. I wonder if it is because we have to concentrate so hard to do anything?

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Not Dementia related Shelagh, but before my mum moved in with me, I had a terrible sleep pattern, a bit like you I could not sleep till early hours and in a deep sleep just as the alarm would go off. In the afternoon when not working I would fall asleep on the sofa around 2pm with tv on and not wake up till about 7pm. You could be right about concentration, years ago I suffered a knock to my head and it seems this pattern of sleep started then, I would suddenly feel tired and exhausted after working just a few hours.