Tiredness - how does anybody cope with feeling tired all the time caring for another?

Star of the Orient

May 20, 2020
I wake up tired. More tired than I went to bed. I push through it but I am worn out. I would love to be shown some care and consideration by my partner with dementia but this never happens. With lock down it is really noticeable to me. Things have got a little untidy and I know if I cleared up more it would feel better but I am busy working or helping my husband with everyday living. Could anyone recommend a pick-me-up. It could be simple. Thank you

Goldendays

May 22, 2020
Hello Star of the Orient I sympathise with you. I too am finding that caring occupies so much of my time that nothing much gets done. I have felt much better since I have started to spend ten minutes in silent meditation before I get out of bed in the morning. No matter what, I insist on my ten minutes of peace each day before I start. Just a suggestion and I hope you will get other advice too. Best of luck to you and keep up the good work caring.

Goldendays

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello @Star of the Orient and @Goldendays.

You have both hit upon an issue that is probably common to all us carers. There is a Society Factsheet that covers this and if you want to read it just click the 2nd line of the following link
Carers: Looking after yourself (523)
PDF printable version

I have always tried to create some 'me' time each day but when that wasn't enough I reached out to the GP for help and got it. The GP is always a good starting point as there will often come a time when we can't manage on our own.