TIPPING POINT

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Thank you @karaokePete @kindred @Grahamstown @jugglingmum @AliceA @Izzy @imsoblue @Sarasa and @charlie10

Im glad to say that we are both back now. OH got seen to quite quickly. He has a nasty gash on his head which bled profusely and needed stitching, but there was nothing broken. There was a bit of a kerfuffle when he had a seizure, but the CT scan was clear (no intercranial bleeding), so we got sent home. We have eaten, Ive catheterised him and put him to bed. Im now consuming a bar of chocolate and a stiff vodka and orange

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
Im glad to say that we are both back now. OH got seen to quite quickly. He has a nasty gash on his head which bled profusely and needed stitching, but there was nothing broken. There was a bit of a kerfuffle when he had a seizure, but the CT scan was clear (no intercranial bleeding), so we got sent home. We have eaten, Ive catheterised him and put him to bed. Im now consuming a bar of chocolate and a stiff vodka and orange[/QUOTE]

Oh dear @canary so glad that you are home and it was not too serious. Enjoy your chocolate and vodka, you have earned it. Hope tomorrow is more restful.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
I’m almost tempted to get out of bed and have a drink and some chocolate too! Seriously you will need some comfort after that. This illness throws something new and nasty at you when you least expect it. Hope tomorrow is s better day.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Well its a new day and OH is still asleep (I expect he is exhausted too), so I am have a while of peace, drinking tea, pottering around and looking at TP. I shall have to book an appointment at the GPs surgery for next week for the stitches to be removed - I expect the practice nurse will do that and it should be fairly easy to get an appointment.

Ive got to give the bathroom a good clean and soak his clothes in Biotex to get rid of all the blood (good job he was wearing a red polo shirt) - it went everywhere! He had a fall (not sure if it was a seizure or postural hypotension) in the bathroom and hit his head hard on the rim of the toilet and gashed his head. I phoned 111 as I couldnt get the bleeding to stop and he was obviously unwell and the person on the phone asked if the blood was still dripping - I replied that it was still running! There were actual pools of blood all over the bathroom floor, not just drips. I tried putting several sheets of kitchen roll all folded into quarters over the gash and getting OH to apply pressure, but it seeped through in literally a couple of minutes The paramedics took one look and decided that it would need stitching. They got a dressing - extra large, ultra absorbent - but the blood was coming through before he got into the ambulance!

The doctor in A&E was worried that he may have fractured his skull and after he had a seizure they were concerned that he may have had bleeding into the brain so they did a CT scan, but all was clear.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabream