1. Grahamstown

Grahamstown Registered User

Jan 12, 2018
    East of England
    Your wise words and support will be greatly missed @karaokePete it is sad to see you go but wishing you well in your caring role.

2. Susan11

Susan11 Registered User

Nov 18, 2018
    Yes I will miss your comments too . Always sensible and very useful advice. I wish you well.
    Susan

3. Dutchman

Dutchman Registered User

May 26, 2017
    I’ve cleaned my teeth she says. How I say as you haven’t used any water. Yes. That’s all she keeps saying

Should I be grateful at all? No washing of hair or body. Clean underwear on today. Result! It’s like living with a 4 year old only without the cuteness

4. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    You will be sorely missed @karaokePete.

I hope you will not become isolated in your caring role.

5. PalSal

PalSal Registered User

@Karaoke Pete....really sorry to hear that. Thank you for all your service to the Talking Point. Can you not just stay a member and not be a moderator? Just one among many? You did service...let someone else take over. Wishing you all the best, in your focus as carer. We will miss you all the best.

6. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Hello @Dutchman.

I don`t think any of us can be grateful for dementia.

Is it possible your wife has developed a fear of water? I have read of this from others here on Dementia Talking Point.

7. anxious annie

anxious annie Registered User

Jan 2, 2019
    Hi Pete
    Thank you for all your advice over the months I have been on the forum. You will be missed, wishing you well in your caring role.

8. Sarasa

Sarasa Registered User

Apr 13, 2018
    Hi Pete,
    Sorry to see you go, you've been so supportive of everyone else, I hope you have the support you need too as you go forward. I

9. Tea and. toast

Tea and. toast New member

May 8, 2019
    Hello Karaoke Pete, just a note to say thank you for your welcome and information when I joined the forum. I have found your posts a great help. Wishing you well.

10. karaokePete

karaokePete Registered User

Jul 23, 2017
    N Ireland
    Thanks everyone. Your replies are humbling.

I had always hoped that I was doing some good somewhere when I posted on the forum and I'm glad that so many of the people with whom I have interacted have seen my goodbye. I didn't want to make an unseemly splash by starting a separate thread.

Things are moving apace with me in that my wife has recently started 2 days a week at a Day Centre and I'm trying to move forward with a meds review for her and a carers assessment for me, along with a few other things. We were in a bad place when I stopped making regular posts a month ago but we are both happier and somewhat more hopeful now. I'm nearly back to my usual optimistic self. My wife just carries on in her usual way but it's great to be able to help her. :)

Once again, best wishes to all of you. It has been an honour to have given useful advice to some of you.

Pete

11. northumbrian_k

northumbrian_k Registered User

Mar 2, 2017
    Male
    Newcastle
    I'll be sorry to see you go and miss your sound advice @karaokePete

12. canary

canary Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Female
    South coast
    Im sorry you were in such a bad place @karaokePete and I hope things will settle again.

You can always come back again sometime in the future
    xx

13. Spamar

Spamar Registered User

Oct 5, 2013
    Suffolk
    Really sorry to see you go, Pete. I always enjoy your contributions.

14. Starbright

Starbright Registered User

Apr 8, 2018
    Female
    So sorry @karaokePete to see you go ...wishing you strength for whatever lies ahead
    Hugs A x

15. Janie M

Janie M Registered User

Jun 12, 2018
    @karaokePete your words of wisdom will be greatly missed . You always gave good, much appreciated advice. Take care

16. Dutchman

Dutchman Registered User

May 26, 2017
    best wishes and good luck

17. maryjoan

maryjoan Registered User

Mar 25, 2017
    Female
    South of the Border
    Oh ! You have been a fount of all knowledge for me and for many others - I hope your 'new' life goes well, as you concentrate on your caring role.

Very best of luck to you,and so many thanks from me

18. jugglingmum

jugglingmum Registered User

Jan 5, 2014
    Female
    Chester
    @karaokePete - sorry to see you go, you've always been very good at posting to help others.

Maybe you'll be back at some stage.

I think we all go through phases of finding, however supportive DTP is, it can also drag us down reading about all the other problems going on with others, and in your role as a moderator this would have much more so.

I hope that the daycare is good for both of you, and wish you both well.

19. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    Wishing you well @karaokePete and thank you for your contribution as a host. I hope you and M can continue to have good times together.

20. Dutchman

Dutchman Registered User

May 26, 2017
    My wife is increasing spending more and more time fiddling with stuff in our little bedroom. I’ve now lost it completely because she wants her hair washed and now refuses to rinse the shampoo from her hair. So I don’t care she can go out with wet hair full of shampoo for all I care. I’m downstairs and
    shes upstairs. I have no patience with it any more. I’ve had 4 years of this and I’m reaching a point where she can jump off a cliff. She also now getting personal and being nasty about my physical appearance in a way of getting back at me for reminding her what she needs to do...cleaning teeth, fresh underwear, etc. Oh how I wish I could be on my own. I really believe I could be better off