Time for a chuckle

Redpoppy

Jul 31, 2012
Glamorgan s.wales
In the last few days my husband has asked numerous times how old he is.--keeps asking 83yrs?,and I remind him he had his 84th birthday this August.After asking his age yet again he said"how old are you---56yrs?.I WISH!!!I'm 75 and at times like this when I can't get back to sleep I really feel my age. He must be wearing those rose tinted glasses again lol.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
The other side of the coin: My mother used to look at me and say "aren't you old?" :D I think I'd prefer to have been thought younger TBH.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I asked my husband how old he was on his 83rd birthday on 1st October. He said '6'!

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
Mum is now 30 which makes me a lot older than her. :eek:

One lady at Mum's NH was very excited yesterday as she had just left school and didn't have to go back. :D:

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Mum is insistent that I have her age wrong and I mustn't tell the "old dears" here ( the CH she moved to a couple of months ago) that she is older than she is!

She insists she is only a 100 but she is actually 101 and three quarters...

I dare not enquire how old the "old dears" are!

starryuk

Nov 8, 2012
She insists she is only a 100 but she is actually 101 and three quarters...

Wow! Celia, I am in awe of your mum. A lady is always allowed to shave a couple of years off her age. Of course at that senior age there is a dilemma. You would like to achieve 100, get your card from the queen and amaze everyone, but after that, people are not quite so interested in 101, 102 etc. Best thing? Stick at 100!!!!!