Thwarted every time!

loveahug

Nov 28, 2012
Moved to Leicester
My poor brother took mum for an eye injection today. In spite of them reassuring him they wouldbring her back to him in the waiting room, the hospital numpties just gave her her drops and told her she could go. More than an hour of panic has ensued in which time a quite frail (and not very steady on her feet) 89 year old lady has managed to go from the top to the bottom of the hospital and ended up the other side of the building! In spite of them being told at every opportunity that she has Alzheimer's dementia, they don't read notes, don't think and don't care.

Waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh :eek::eek::eek:

angecmc

Dec 25, 2012
hertfordshire
That is disgraceful, your poor Mum and brother, your family should complain bitterly to the hospital. Having read this, I will never allow my Mum to be out of my sight at any hospital appointment. So sorry you have all been put through this xx

Ange

PeggySmith

Apr 16, 2012
BANES
So pleased he found her and she hadn't wandered outside. Brainless and gormless numpties should have had to go and find her.

loveahug

Nov 28, 2012
Moved to Leicester
The very sweet asistant who took it upon herself to ask my mum if she needed any help, then tracked down who mum was and where she should be, and then carefull brought her back to my brother will probably get berated for deserting her post...

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
The very sweet asistant who took it upon herself to ask my mum if she needed any help, then tracked down who mum was and where she should be, and then carefull brought her back to my brother will probably get berated for deserting her post...

I do hope not, I hope she's given the recognition she so truly deserves.

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
I was asked to sit in while my husband had a cancer removed from the top of his head.

I would rather do that than have him wandering around. The hospital was at fault there.

Jeannette

loveahug

Nov 28, 2012
Moved to Leicester
You are not allowed to go into the injection suite as it is a sterile area (they say). Last time I took mum I said I would wait outside the injection suite door and they threatened to call security as I had to stay in the waiting room. As I did not want to distress my mother they got a venomous glare from me instead of tearing their heads off.

kingmidas1962

Jun 10, 2012
South Gloucs
I really do wonder sometimes ... even had she not had dementia what on earth were they thinking, letting a wobbly old lady totter off on her own? :mad::mad::mad:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976