Throwing in the towel ....?

DickG

Feb 26, 2006
Stow-on-the-Wold
Hi Karen

You said you liked blunt talking.. I know that you love your mum to bits but you have a husband and son who need you. Taking a guess, your son has up to 80 years ahead of him, you and your husband have, I estimate have another 40 plus years together. You cannot afford to sacrifice all that just to do what your heart decrees, which is to look after your mum in her last few years at the expense of all else.

I have to agree with Amy, what is best for you, your son, your husband and your mother are one and the same thing - but it will take a lot of courage and willpower to do the right thing.

My thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

Love

Dick

"Your darkest hour is only sixty minutes long."

DickG

Feb 26, 2006
Stow-on-the-Wold
I hope you won't mind a little light-heartedness in this thread. The nickname squidgy comes from an old rhyme I first heard in the RAF and goes:

Some men like shapely legs
And some a nice flat tum
But me, give me a smiley face
And a nice fat squidgy bum.

I really have moved in refined circles!

Dick

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Oh Dick - are you trying to lure me into trouble? :eek: I can get there perfectly well on my own! :D

Light-hearted, yes please - the day I can't find SOMETHING to laugh about (including at myself) is the day the towel gets thrown in once and for all ....

My mood and confidence in my ability to cope has only shifted thanks to the support of people who have - as well as offering sound advice - made me laugh and giggle out of the doldrums and desperation I was in just 48 hours ago .... some anti-depressant laughter is, eh?

I only confessed to being squidgy in the middle - leave me and my squidgy bum out of it!!!!!! :p :D :D :D

Love, Karen, x