Throwing food away.

Johnny.S

Jul 1, 2013
I have been away with work for 3 days. 1st day I rang Mum accused me of stealing all her money. I knew she would forget what she said so didn't react. Today when I rang she said she hasn't got any food and has defrosted the freezer. I bought loads before I left and can only surmise she's thrown it away. If she's going to start doing this regularly what is my next step. I don't even know who to ring! Her GP? Social services? She has got so much worse over the past 3 weeks

LavenderBees

Jun 2, 2013
Northumberland
Perhaps, ring both...I think I would in your situation. You certainly sound like you need someone to be able to be checking on your mum regularly. Hope you manage to get some help soon.

LB xx

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Agree with seeing both but also wonder, if things have dramatically changed in the last three weeks, is it possible that she has a urinary tract or chest infection? Worth asking doc to take a wee sample for testing at the very least.

Celia

Robstick

May 4, 2013
Is your mum on a care plan? If not may be time to discuss one with social services. They can put in extra cover if you are away.

Make sure the care plan meets 'your' requirements, as well as your mums. From my experience they value your input.

My mum switches freezer off before she goes to bed (as with all other plugs) have had to cover switch to prevent her from doing it...

Good luck

Johnny.S

Jul 1, 2013
She has to pay for carers and I'm afraid she refuses food made by anybody else!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abba