Threats of Suicide

annrosie

Aug 29, 2013
Thame, OXON
When my Mum rings and is confused wants to get a taxi home, theres no telling her sometimes you probably know what I mean she can then talk quite a bit about not wanting to be here and taking her own life if it wasn't for the cat, tonight she says maybe I'll have to do the cat first then me. I wonder if theres any weed killer or does this place have gas. She's lived on her own in this house for 13 years and only been diagnosed 1 year. I say if she carrys on I'll have to get the neighbour in or ring the police. Up to now I know the threats have not been carried through and its likely that she forgets these thoughts and I think I know she is not serious, but I'm not sure what I should do and this is what worries me should I do something should she be in a home should we see the doctor. It is so obviously a cry for help. She still lives on her own about 17 miles from me.
Grateful for any ideas.

cab

Aug 17, 2013
la la land
:(

sending HUGS your way

have you spoken to her doctor about your concerns

must be a very difficult time for you

:(

X

Sunbell

Jul 29, 2010
Yorkshire, England
Hello Annrosie and welcome to TP.

You must be worried sick about your poor mum. If it was me I would be contacting her doctor and social services urgently as obviously she is at risk being on her own for her own safety.

Is she on any medication for her illness? Sometimes medication can help a bit but with others it does not.

Such a worry for you and your dear mum. Hope you get some help very soon. Take care.

Sunbell xx

annrosie

Aug 29, 2013
Thame, OXON
Thanks guys I think I will make an appointment with Doctor. Yes she is on aricept and a anti-depressants but doesn't remember to take them always. We need to change something.

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Welcome from me too Annrosie. Gosh it must be devastating to hear your mum say these things, you must be worried sick. I agree with what the others have said, you need support to deal with this, from a doctor and social services.

I hope you both get the support you need and send you my very best wishes x

seaurchin

Oct 24, 2009
Hi annrosie, I think you should definitely speak to a dr. My husband kept threatening to do it in the early stages and then attempted it. He was found in time fortunately and since he received anti depressants it hasn't been mentioned since by him or attempted again. That phase has passed for us now thankfully but I would take it seriously just in case. Better for you to be wrong I think....It is so scary and I send you my best wishes Sea x

Austinsmum

Oct 7, 2012
Melton Mowbray
Hi Annrosie,

do you have carers coming in to help your mum? I know it would take time to organise but maybe if she’s not taking her medication regularly then a morning visit by a carer to administer her meds could maybe help stabilise her. Life does chuck some stuff at us! XXX :rolleyes:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JL513