Threatening Suicide

Natashalou

Mar 22, 2007
london
yes

Lila13 said:
I think assisted suicide is legal in Switzerland and Holland.

But it would be legal for you to take a lethal dose of something here, if you did it without any help. ...

Yes. And I wonder what consitutes "help". Its academic really because we wont be doing this, but her latest trick is to keep demanding we take a lot of paracetomal in to the home for her. she would still be perfectly able to swallow them by herself.
I have refused to get into any discussions but it is heartbreaking when my children go and she tries to blackmail them into doing so by saying
"As my grandsons you have to do this for me"
I have told them not to go and see her by themselves any more .

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
sounds like the best thing you could of told your children
I have told them not to go and see her by themselves any more

have you spoken to anyone professional , in care home about what your mother keeps saying , as I wonder what advice they would give you, in replying to what to say to her.

Natashalou

Mar 22, 2007
london
Yes

Margarita said:
sounds like the best thing you could of told your children

have you spoken to anyone professional , in care home about what your mother keeps saying , as I wonder what advice they would give you, in replying to what to say to her.

I spoke with the nurse who in turn will speak with the doctor about giving her anti depresseants. they also watch til she swallows her tablets so she cant save them up to take all at once and she isnt allowed to stay in her room any more partly due to danger of falling but also so they can ensure she doesnt try to self harm , she also has started to be given plastic cutlery.
they would not even let her have a safety pin, which did seem a bit excessive I mean I have never heard of a terminal pin prick.
To be honest I am not even sure these threats are very serious, more attention seeking but I guess you cant be too careful...

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
To be honest I am not even sure these threats are very serious, more attention seeking but I guess you cant be too careful...

You could be right , so just knolageing (sp) her feeling could help if its attention seeking. at lest its good to read that the care home know about it .

I mean I have never heard of a terminal pin prick.

its amazing how that pin could slit your wrist , seen it on those youth programed , when they do self harm . lets just hope its attention seeking and she gets those ant depression tablets , take care & look after yourself xx

Last edited: