Thought on booster jabs and flu jabs

wilko73

Feb 8, 2021
Hi folks my mother and i are getting our booster jabs tomorrow and flu jabs at home.I've been having a little think about it and I'm not sure that I want both jabs at the same time,I think I will just have the covid booster for now.I just feel like it's a lot for the immune system to cope with at the same time If I have both

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Hi @wilko73 I had both jabs 2 together 2 weeks ago no problems at all try not to overthink these jabs I know that is difficult with the press coverage at the moment.

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
MY OH who not particularly strong these days in fighting off infections had his booster on the Thursday and his Flu jab on the Saturday, No after effects to either at all. I did check there was no reason not to have both at or about the same time before hand.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`ve also known people who have had both jabs together one in each arm. They have been fine.

A couple have had a headache and a feeling of tiredness but both wore off after 24 hours.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I have friends who had both together and were very unwell for around 24 hours. On the other hand I have other friends who also had both together and had no bad reactions at all.

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
My partner age 78 years had both the Covid booster and flu last week he said next day felt a bit sleepy otherwise no other effects. One in each arm seems standard.

wilko73

Feb 8, 2021
Thanks folks i decided to have both jabs,The nurses came this morning a few hours earlier than expected so i'm pleased that i hadn't popped to the shops and missed them:)i'm going to give mum some Calpol in a couple of hours

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Thanks folks i decided to have both jabs,The nurses came this morning a few hours earlier than expected so i'm pleased that i hadn't popped to the shops and missed them:)i'm going to give mum some Calpol in a couple of hours
can i just say get the own brand liquid paracetamol. its exactly the same without the bigger price tag. ibrupofen is the same. its like having heinz and own brand bake beans.

Ton3

Dec 2, 2019
They turned up to give MIL both her jabs but only had the flu one as they said the Covid one was unavailable that was a fortnight ago and we are still waiting!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanpotts