1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

Thought For the day

Discussion in 'I have dementia' started by Norrms, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Norrms

Norrms Registered User

Feb 19, 2009
    Male
    Torquay Devon
    THOUGHT FOR TODAY?

ARE YOU HAPPY?

Just ask yourself “Are you happy? Are you happy in general? Are you happy with the way life is, the way it’s going? Are you happy about the plans for the future? Or for your children`s future? Maybe there`s a holiday on the horizon? Are you happy about where you are going? Are you happy with your health? Your prospects? Are you happy with your work (if you do work) if not are you happy in your retirement and looking forward to doing what YOU want to do, living life to the max and spending as much precious time with loved ones without a care in the world or the worries of the Globe on your shoulders??

What are your answers? Are they mostly YES??

Now, please turn to the nearest person with dementia and ask the same the same thing`s?????? ...........................................

Mostly Differing answers I think......................?

Sometimes these questions are NEVER ASKED for fear of upsetting both parties, but when some are in early mid stage dementia, these questions MUST be asked, because a lot of them with minor changes can be rectified to make all parties much happier with life itself, and KNOWING you are doing the right thing is a wonderful feeling.

“A LITTLE CHANGE CAN DO A LOT OF GOOD”

Norrms, Diagnosed with Dementia aged just 50, now aged 58yrs old

Founder of http://www.purpleangel-global.com/

2. Jeanie 73

Jeanie 73 Registered User

Apr 20, 2013
    N Lincolnshire
    Hi Norms sorry too read of your unhappiness especially as you have done such good work for Alzheimers/Dementia. I'm not a religious person, but perhaps you were meant to do what you have achieved! Perhaps ask yourself 'would you have achieved all that you have for us,had you not had Dementia? I don't know and really hope you are not offended by my thoughts.
    Yes I have Alzheimers plus fibromyalgia, Osteo arthritis, diabetes and a multitude of other health problems,but can honestly say 'I am happy' I am certainly no saint and struggle with everything,diabetes is out of control last few days! But I know there will be better days, and I wish you happiness on the good days. Love too you and your lovely wife hope you really enjoy Christmas xxxxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

3. Norrms

Norrms Registered User

Feb 19, 2009
    Male
    Torquay Devon
    Thank you Jeanie and no i am certainly not offended by your thoughts dear friend, have a wonderful christmas xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx