1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

1. starryuk

starryuk Registered User

Nov 8, 2012
    Oh I am sorry to hear your news.

Such a shock for you, but I cant help thinking, for your mum, a 'good' time to leave, after a birthday party and exciting baby news.

Wishing you strength, Yorkshire Girl, for the days ahead.

2. Loopiloo

Loopiloo Registered User

May 10, 2010
    Female
    Scotland
    I have been reading your thread, and then came to your latest post about your Mum having died this afternoon. My sympathy to you and the family.

It was the best way to go, never regaining consciousness, slipping away peacefully and well looked after. Sad although you are I hope you also feel peace and comfort that she did not live to face more suffering.

Strength to you for what lies ahead.

Loo xx

3. Tara62

Tara62 Registered User

I'm so sorry, Yorkshire Girl.

Best wishes, strength and hugs from another Yorkshire girl.

4. lin1

lin1 Registered User

Jan 14, 2010
    Female
    East Kent
    Sending you my condolences

5. reedysue

reedysue Registered User

Nov 4, 2014
    Scotland
    So sorry for your loss.

6. chick1962

chick1962 Registered User

Apr 3, 2014
    Female
    near Folkestone
    I am very sorry Yorkshire girl . My condolence to you and your family. Wishing you strength for the days ahead xxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

7. 2jays

2jays Registered User

Jun 4, 2010
    West Midlands
    Sad news. So glad she was well looked after. Thinking of you xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

8. Pickles53

Pickles53 Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Radcliffe on Trent
    Sending you my deepest sympathy. My mum slipped away in her sleep and I felt both sadness and relief that her suffering was over.

9. chrisdee

chrisdee Registered User

Nov 23, 2014
    Yorkshire
    Sending my condolences, from yet another Yorkshire girl.
    A peaceful end is a great blessing.

10. Risa

Risa Registered User

Apr 13, 2015
    Essex
    I'm so sorry for your loss but glad that your Mum's passing was peaceful {{{hugs}}}

11. Essie

Essie Registered User

Feb 11, 2015
    Sincere condolences Yorkshire Girl but as others have said to slip away peacefully rather than suffer further decline is truly a blessing. Your dear Mum is at peace now and you can have peace too knowing her suffering is ended. Hugs. xx

12. Roses40

Roses40 Registered User

Jan 25, 2015
    manchester
    Truly a blessing. My condolences to you Yorkshire Girl. Two months today since my Mam died. I feel relieved she didn't have to go any further on this dreadful journey. Love Rose x

13. dottyd

dottyd Registered User

Jan 22, 2011
    n.e.
    So sorry you have lost your mum but good she had a peaceful ending that I can only hope happens for my mum too.