This relentless emotional Roller-coaster

Lladro

May 1, 2019
Does anyone, like me experience a compete roller-coaster of an emotional life?
This time yesterday was Hell on earth - Wouldn't take meds - Hostility and nastiness from OH to me, my despair , anger, 111 call and doctor visits, sleep at 2am, up at 5am.
What a difference a day makes, 24 little hours ( Dinah Washington?) Today - Would take meds - docile OH, confused and talking barmy, but nice - I cooked a Sunday lunch, glass of wine, wife in bed early, I feel good.
Tomorrow? Who the hell knows what will happen.
My life seems to be one of extremes - If only we could have some sort of consistency...

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello @Lladro.

Probably every carer will have this experience and the term you use is often quoted on the forum. The forum exists, not just for the dissemination of information, but also for peer support in those frequent moments when that support is needed.

I wish you the strength you need and the best of luck to both of you.

Please accept a virtual (((HUG)))

Starbright

Apr 8, 2018
Does anyone, like me experience a compete roller-coaster of an emotional life?
This time yesterday was Hell on earth - Wouldn't take meds - Hostility and nastiness from OH to me, my despair , anger, 111 call and doctor visits, sleep at 2am, up at 5am.
What a difference a day makes, 24 little hours ( Dinah Washington?) Today - Would take meds - docile OH, confused and talking barmy, but nice - I cooked a Sunday lunch, glass of wine, wife in bed early, I feel good.
Tomorrow? Who the hell knows what will happen.
My life seems to be one of extremes - If only we could have some sort of consistency...
Oh I know this feeling @Lladro ....Wake up each morning never knowing quite how the day will begin and end ...I tell myself every night “Tomorrow I will try harder not to react to the nasty stuff “ . But it’s such an emotional rollercoaster we live....so glad of TP .

A x (( hugs))

Thethirdmrsc

Apr 4, 2018
Hi @Lladro its like someone suddenly hits you on the back of the head, and you didn’t see it coming. Know exactly, and it’s not even treading on eggshells. A light switch of emotion, off, on,off,on. So exhausting.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Those who are still caring spend their lives treading water. It`s an absolute drain on the emotions and physically exhausting.

I doubt anyone really understands unless they`ve experienced it.

Vic10

Feb 18, 2017
Oh, the feeling of impending doom! Even if some days it doesn’t happen

Lladro

May 1, 2019
Oh I know this feeling @Lladro ....Wake up each morning never knowing quite how the day will begin and end ...I tell myself every night “Tomorrow I will try harder not to react to the nasty stuff “ . But it’s such an emotional rollercoaster we live....so glad of TP .

A x (( hugs))
Thank you ! I knew you would understand - Its good to share. It helps in someway - (Hugs)

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan