This really helped to reverse my dementia

fligal777

Dec 22, 2006
Georgia, USA
Hi everyone, I am 26 years old and was diagnosed with dementia when I was 24. I want to tell everyone that my symptoms are about 90 % reversed. The doctors of course tried every test imaginable and everything was normal. I later researched pernicious anemia and took that info to a different doctor. He was very open to it and started me on treatment immediately. My blood results did not show that I was pernicious anemic. However, when the treatment started to deminish the symptoms we concluded that that was the culprit. I went from worrying about my son not having a mom who would remember him by the time I was 30 to someone that now has only minute memory problems. I recently did a paper on this disease and recorded my full story at the end of it. I would be happy to email this to anyone who is interested. It took two months of treatment to see major changes but only one treatment to begin to see the small changes. I really feel like I am supposed to help others. I really know a lot about this disease and would be happy to talk to anyone who thinks they may have it. It is more common that doctors realize and it's rare in the younger generations. However, since it is so overlooked it might just be your answer to the cause of your dementia.
Christy

Christy I've removed your email address because it's thought to not be advisable to advertise email addresses publicly on TP. If anyone would like to contact you they should be able to via the "private messaging system" ...... Áine

Last edited by a moderator:

Áine

Feb 22, 2006
sort of north east ish
hi Christy

It's really good news that your symptoms were able to be reversed like that. That's great for you and your son.

Maybe shows how difficult it is to make accurate diagnoses sometimes, and shows how unaware we can be of some of the different possible causes of symptoms. So difficult when it's something that's rare (or at least rare in a particular age group) ...... Good for you for pursuing it and finding a way through it.

best wishes

Áine

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It`s wonderful for you Christy, to have such dramatic reversal, from medication for pernicious anaemia. Is there any evidence to show that you had the additional advantage of youth, on your side? I do know healing and repair takes longer as we age and wondered if this treatment might not be as effective in older people.

JohnOHanlon

Jan 7, 2007
Liverpool
Penicious Aneamia

Hi Christy,
Penicious anaemia seems to have been on the increase over the past 5 years. I hadn't heard of it until one of my neighbours was diagnosed with it. At the time we lived about 100 metres away from a mobile phone transmitter which we believed affected our baby boy. On talking to Gerrard Hyland (any search will find him) I was made aware that the frequencies from phone transmitters can in some people affect the neutrophil count in the blood if they are subjected to them over a long period. The first signs you have are poor sleeping-which we all had! When i checked the government's website: www.sitefinder.radio.gov.uk I decided to move away and we have all felt better. Gerrard also told me that digital cordless telephones also can cause problems as well as obviously using a mobile phone. I thought I would mention these to you so you can look into it as you may not have given this technology a second thought.
Kind Regards,
John O'Hanlon