This new section is a good idea!

Dearth

May 27, 2005
Wigan
www.freewebs.com
Like it!

You see, as a Student Nurse, I often feel like an 'outsider' in that I am not a 'Carer' or a person with Dementia... so I don't often join in on the other forums (except the jokes one in the tearoom section lol, as I can't help myself! :D )

What I want to know though is:

Will other folk other than us future professionals/professionals etc. etc. be looking in here?

I often ask questions, but I prefer to address those questions to people who know EXACTLY what they are talking about... the people/families dealing with issues firsthand rather than those who can say: "Research states that..." - I'm not knocking that, but I hope that people with Dementia/Alzheimers/Carers do come in here too - I've had great correspondence on this site with folk re: drugs used (I thank you all for your valuable info) and hope to continue to listen.

I'll stop waffling now - hope all this makes sense!

:)

N.

daughter

Mar 16, 2005
Hi Dearth/Neil,

Personally, I can't resist looking at all the Forums, whenever there is a new posting. They all help in one way or another. I would hope that lots of others do likewise.

Keep up the good work :) ,

Dearth

May 27, 2005
Wigan
www.freewebs.com
Thanks for the replies folks - nice to know me stuff gets read... I've been on other forums and had ZERO response when I mention Alzheimers... especially the 'Hands Of Dementia Drugs' campaign.

I reckon it's a case of "It does'nt affect me... so who cares?" syndrome - what do you think?

N.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian.Hogan