This is so much harder than I thought !

Oh Knickers

Nov 19, 2016
Hi Joolie,

Coo-er. That sounds like major **** shuffling. Putting the blame on you rather than the powers that be accepting their responsibility. (Sorry, hope language not too ripe) Blimey O'Reilley. Poor you.

Write down as much as you can remember - if you can - point by point and names of those who were there. Build up your case in terms of answers. You have to go out to work to support the family. Your husband is only 54 and your retirement age has just been raised. Would it be the same if it was a man having to support his family?. As the consultant's letters were not forwarded to you ?or your GP? (Is that the Case?) you have struggled to get any movement or support. How dare they land it at your door and accuse you when you have struggled to get any support or movement support!

Crikey. I am speechless. How awful for you.

Umm. I would do a call to Alzheimers Society - like now. This is a challenge and a half!

Last edited:

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Oh dear. Im sorry, but I am not surprised :mad:

Once you get the result, if he has not got the PIP you have (I think) a month to appeal - make sure you get it in within time. Go and see someone like Citizens Advice or Age UK who can help you with the form filling - they know the "buzz words" to use and know how to phrase things in the right way and they can also advise about what evidence to use. Good luck - I really dont know how people who havent got someone to fight their corner survive.

Joolie58

Jul 12, 2017
Waiting .....

The waiting is unbearable !!!! Every step of the way you have to WAIT !! Wait for the forms to come to fill in , wait for a response , wait for appointment for assessment , go and be harassed at the appointment and be told you have to wait for up to 10 more weeks , and as now wait for the decision !! All this waiting does no good for harmony in the home ☹️ How long have others waited for the decision ? Is it worth ringing the DWP and asking for a copy of the assessment done at the face to face ( its two weeks since that took place ) I'm also still waiting for a response after putting in a complaint about the inaccurency of the consultants report via PALS. .. as you will know reading this it's not just coping with your own anxieties whilst waiting but also coping with the adverse affect on your partner and the same questions being asked over and over .!!! Waiting ....

Joolie58

Jul 12, 2017
Still waiting !

We received a letter today saying the DWP had all the information they needed now and now it's with the desicion maker . How long does it generally take from this point to hearing desicion ? I requested a copy of the assessors report but I'm still waiting for that to come !

Lelon15

Sep 1, 2017
In the same boat!

My husband has had various symptoms. At the Memory Assessment Clinic he was asked exactly the same questions as the GP had asked - and so scored reasonably well. On other questions he was getting some of the answers wrong but I was not asked whether he was correct or not. The nurse told him he was depressed since retiring and he was ok. He did have a brain scan. I also answered a string of questions on his lifestyle - but the answers were not discussed with me.

Six months later we were told by the psychologist that there was nothing wrong with the scan. However it was me who was blamed for being "difficult" in the home, for buying him the sweets and biscuits he craves and for "having too much medical knowledge" as I work in a hospital ! Consequently we have been left in the lurch. Things are deteriorating, albeit slowly, but I can no longer get anyone to take us seriously. All very frustrating.