This is so irritating

Hard Work

Sep 20, 2017
West yorkshire
has anyone else experienced this. Over the last few weeks my husband has started to repeat the word yes over and over,I donT think he realises he is doing this, but it's driving me crazy. Anyone else had this and what did you do? Many thanks.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Just an added thought, it may be worth having your husband checked for an infection, such as a UTI, or dehydration as these can be common in the hot weather and could cause the change in symptoms.

Hard Work

Sep 20, 2017
West yorkshire
Just an added thought, it may be worth having your husband checked for an infection, such as a UTI, or dehydration as these can be common in the hot weather and could cause the change in symptoms.
Thank you kp will get him checked out and in the meantime try to be especially reassuring

dancer12

Jan 9, 2017
Mississauga
It's difficult but try to ignore it, my husband claps his hands together like a bongo monkey and knocks on doors as he passes by. I run to answer, find my key to unlock door but nobody there and my husband is standing there snickering away. Takes much patience & understanding.:)

Hard Work

Sep 20, 2017
West yorkshire
It's difficult but try to ignore it, my husband claps his hands together like a bongo monkey and knocks on doors as he passes by. I run to answer, find my key to unlock door but nobody there and my husband is standing there snickering away. Takes much patience & understanding.:)
Thank you dancer I do try not to have knee jerk reactions to any strange twists in this awful situation but sometimes it's hard not to. As I replied to k.p. I will get him checked for uti, but I rather suspect he is struggling with recent incontinence problems plus we have been away for a few days so still a little lost. Keep well and strong
Kind regards
Shirley/hardwork

Olliebeak

Sep 13, 2014
Buckinghamshire
My OH says “well done” in response to me finding something he has lost, buying something he wanted, fixing something he can no longer fix, making him a sandwich....... whatever. It drives me bonkers but as others have said this sort of repetitive response is very common if irritating

Hard Work

Sep 20, 2017
West yorkshire
Thanks for replying just an update rod been checked for uti and he is clear so hope the current problems will improve once he is feeling less disorientated. I know I must be. More patient especially with regard to the incontinence issues it's all quite a learning curve, but hopefully we will get there.
Regards Shirley/hard work

jenniferjean

Apr 2, 2016
Basingstoke, Hampshire
My OH says “well done” in response to me finding something he has lost, buying something he wanted, fixing something he can no longer fix, making him a sandwich....... whatever. It drives me bonkers but as others have said this sort of repetitive response is very common if irritating
We have a freesat box for our tv so we have to turn that on as well as the tv. My husband used to be able to manage it but that now is too complicated for him. So he'll turn on the tv and then comment that it's not working. So I turn on the sat box and get "Well done!" every time. Sometimes he goes as far as to add "You're good at fixing things".

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
We have a freesat box for our tv so we have to turn that on as well as the tv. My husband used to be able to manage it but that now is too complicated for him. So he'll turn on the tv and then comment that it's not working. So I turn on the sat box and get "Well done!" every time. Sometimes he goes as far as to add "You're good at fixing things".
That's a lovely response. Well done!