This is ridiculous

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
This is a good place to start to find out what is actually available in the local area and what types of care they provide. http://www.carehome.co.uk/

Then what I was doing was looking at the ones that were suitable, looking up their website and reading the CQC report which there should be a link to on the home's site usually.
But also available here: http://www.cqc.org.uk/

I then phoned and spoke to them and also asked round with local carers. district nurses etc etc.

I am hoping we have struck lucky with the one that (fingers crossed) will agree to take Mum as not only do they have a good report but all the comments on and offline are very positive and having now spoken to the duty carer one day, the care manager and the owner at different times, I feel it is a warm caring place and I like their attitude and honesty and openness.

Good luck - worth taking the time to look around ahead of needing it, I did do some initial research which helped when we reached this point finally.

Celia

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Is MIL the cause of the flea plague?:)

1954 - I don't know if I posted in the right thread as you have so many!! Hope you're keeping a look out on all of them.

I wouldn't care about the weather either; in fact, it doesn't worry me anyway but hope you can get out and about a bit in the fresh air.

You could try looking on the internet to research care homes locally and their CCQ accreditation. I asked people I knew if they had any recommendations, even second-hand. It is a difficult job choosing the right place. Does your MIL like to get involved in activities with other people? You could find out what they offer. With my mother going into respite, the stage she is at, the room was not important to her at all, so as long as it was clean and tidy and had everything she needed I was happy with it. But your MIL may be more choosy?!!

Nita so sorry I have so many threads, I must be going mad............