"This is as good as it is going to get"

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Hi everyone. well today Lionel & I decided to start celebrating Christmas early. As it had been a 'good' day I opened a bottle of 'bubbly' and we said our first "Merry christmas"

Daft I know, but when Lionel was first diagnosed, some 3 years ago, he made the remark "This is as good as it is ever going to get", so every now and then I try to remember his words, and do something about it.

Tomorrow we are going to a Band Concert, in aid of the British Legion. I am sure he will enjoy this. At a similar concert in Sept. (last night of the proms style) Lionel was sitting there waving his Union Jack, happily singing "Jerusalem" - everyone else was on Land of Hope & Glory by then, but he was happy.

If tomorrow turns out a "good" day, I shall try to tackle the dreaded DWP forms. I will let you know how I fare.

Keep smiling - Connie

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Connie,

Nice to read your cheery post and Merry Xmas! Do hope you both enjoy the Band Concert and good luck with the mountain of paperwork.

Jude

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Hi Connie - I know exactly what you mean. As good as it gets is OK by me just now and we savour every theatre visit, holiday, time with friends and family etc.

Keep smiling

Izzy

C

Chesca

Dear Connie

That's sounds like a whole lot of fun. There's a lot to be said for grabbing the moment and living for the day. I hope you both have many more Xmas celebrations between now and December 25! So, All the Best!

Chesca