"This is as good as it is going to get"

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by connie, Nov 6, 2004.

1. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    Hi everyone. well today Lionel & I decided to start celebrating Christmas early. As it had been a 'good' day I opened a bottle of 'bubbly' and we said our first "Merry christmas"

Daft I know, but when Lionel was first diagnosed, some 3 years ago, he made the remark "This is as good as it is ever going to get", so every now and then I try to remember his words, and do something about it.

Tomorrow we are going to a Band Concert, in aid of the British Legion. I am sure he will enjoy this. At a similar concert in Sept. (last night of the proms style) Lionel was sitting there waving his Union Jack, happily singing "Jerusalem" - everyone else was on Land of Hope & Glory by then, but he was happy.

If tomorrow turns out a "good" day, I shall try to tackle the dreaded DWP forms. I will let you know how I fare.

Keep smiling - Connie

2. Jude

Jude Registered User

Dear Connie,

Nice to read your cheery post and Merry Xmas! Do hope you both enjoy the Band Concert and good luck with the mountain of paperwork.

Jude

3. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    Hi Connie - I know exactly what you mean. As good as it gets is OK by me just now and we savour every theatre visit, holiday, time with friends and family etc.

Keep smiling

Izzy

4. Katy44

Katy44 Registered User

Sep 14, 2004
    Merry Christmas Connie! Hope you both enjoy the concert xx

5. Chesca

Chesca Guest

Dear Connie

That's sounds like a whole lot of fun. There's a lot to be said for grabbing the moment and living for the day. I hope you both have many more Xmas celebrations between now and December 25! So, All the Best!

Chesca