This is a talking point

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Hi All
Could anyone tell me about the following:-
Who will tell you what you can claim ?
Who will tell you the truth ?
Who will tell you what option's you have ?
And, who will tell the truth ?
Who pick's the social worker ?
Do you ?
If you do not like him/her - well what do you do ?
Does anyone mention you as a carer ?
If so, what do they offer you ?
You are a 24/7 carer.
What do they offer you?

Replies on a postage stamp please.

No need for an envelope.
BarbX

helen.tomlinson

Mar 27, 2008
Hi Barb

I think the best thing I ever did was contact the Alzheimers Society because they sent a woman round to us and she was brilliant. From everyone else the service has been poor, unpunctual, unclear, unreliable, uninformative, unempowering. I reckon someone was looking down on me that day. I was given information, guidance, reassurance, clarity and time. This concoction has proved to be very empowering. If it hadn't been for her I would never have known about this site for a start and God knows how I would be now. You are all so very supportive to each other. You lot provide a lot of the information.

Love to you and Ron

Helen

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi Barb

I think the answer to your first 4 questions is Alzheimer's Society.

As to who picks the Social Worker, in my opinion, it's just your luck who you are assigned. Maybe if you are very lucky, you will be allocated a good one. If not remember ---- you can always ask for thir supervisor.

"Do they know you are a carer" who knows?? but if you ask for a carer's assessment, then there will be a paper trail and maybe you will get some positive help as well.
Love
Alfjess

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Barb

I agree with the above. And you should also try Princess Royal Trust for Carers. They're very helpful, and may provide all sorts of courses and pampering sessions for you.

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Once again, you lovely lot, Thank's

All you have said, has been taken on board.
I am beginning to sound like a winger, winging moaner.
Thank's all
BarbX:)