Thinking Of You All

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone.

I just want to say that I the number of infection rates scary and I am thinking of you all caring for loved ones at this difficult time.

MaNaAk

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Thank you, MaNaAk.

My partner is still convinced she is immune, but thankfully she went for her flu jab on Tuesday and wore her mask. It's the fact the day centre, the memory cafe and music memories are all still closed that is the hardest part for us to handle at the moment. I moan about Christmas at this time of year every year, but I was actually looking forward to making wee holly decorations while chatting over sausage rolls once the time comes. It's a bit of respite for both of us, but not this year.

All the best to you and to all the carers who have more to worry about.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
thats a shame as the residents and staff love to sing carols or singalong any time of the year. we used to have a choir from the local church used to come in which was nice although im not a great christmas fan and it can feel more lonely at that time of year.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Yes I know what that's like and I remember the Xmas before dad went into the care home was lonely especially in the morning when dad was talking about going home. However I did get to take dad out for a short walk on Xmas day something which he had never done before. I also knew in my heart that he would probably be in a home the following Xmas.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
its obviously going to be a different christmas this year with covid and i went to my sons wedding a day after boxing day last year which was when i noticed to sharp decline in my husband having to dress and undress him and him breaking down in tears in middle of crowds in victoria coach station. he really wasnt well enough to travel with his breathing problems as well. not sure if we will be able to travel up there again.

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
At the moment no idea where my dad will be this year, sadly I'm hoping he will be settled in a nice CH and safe as not great for him at home any longer. Sister and I usually have dad between us over Xmas but last year my little dog had a big operation on her leg for a cancer and vet advised she be kept as calm as possible ( not a calm girl usually ) so all our plans which included my daughter coming from Edinburgh were cancelled. Dad came to me for New Year Day but he wanted to go home after 3 hours so only a bit of the day spent with me. Looks like this year will be much like last year very quiet in our home only bonus being I won't be sleeping on sofa watching the dog being tucked up safely in her crate. My dog is epileptic so I had to keep a closer eye on her and we used a bigger crate than the one she normally sleeps in upstairs as had to have a cone on for 15 days, thankfully her cancer was removed successfully.