1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

Things were much happier today!!

Discussion in 'Younger people with dementia and their carers' started by Beannie, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Beannie

Beannie Registered User

Aug 17, 2015
    East Midlands
    After a very distressful weekend with OH, today was a totally different experience. The Speech Therapist came to the CH today he is in for a long overdue assessment and thinks she can help with his speech. He was much happier and cannot remember Saturday, which is probably for the best.

He also said when we visit he would like to go out away from the home for a coffee, walk etc which is the most positive he has been for a little while.

I need to remember today when the next bad day hits, which it unfortunately will.

2. Long-Suffering

Long-Suffering Registered User

Jul 6, 2015
    Great news! Happy for you! Yes, that's how I take it as well. I think of the "good" days (i.e. not TOTAL disaster days) with my parents as being lovely little tropical islands in an ocean of chaos.

LS